I was packing up my damaged 8900 in preparation to ship it back to T-Mo today and noticed that the lil adhesive that's on the screen when you first open the box is a PERFEFT FIT to the screen. If you haven't thrown it away yet, and you plan to cut your IS to fit the screen, the sticker on the 8900 when you first open the box is a perfect guide.
    02-07-09 10:41 AM
    Thanks for the tip...unfortunately that was the first thing to be trashed But FORTUNATELY BSE pulled through for the win!
    02-07-09 11:01 AM
    The real tip is to stay away from Zagg...their product and shipping speaks volumes
    02-07-09 11:06 AM
    True but just throwing it out there for those who are not going to seek refunds.
    02-07-09 11:15 AM
    Nice tip Reggie. All our "beta testing" on this defective IS is sure to help out the next round of people who order theirs first and then look here to see why it doesn't fit!
    02-07-09 11:45 AM
    Please do yourselves a favor and get the BSE product!!!

It fits perfect and is half the cost. You will not be sorry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 11:49 AM
    The real tip is to stay away from Zagg...their product and shipping speaks volumes

Honestly, i have to disagree. Yes...the 8900s screen was disappointing due to the wrong cut. But I love every other IS i have ever put on. BSE is a great product, and i have no issues with it. But i enjoy the IS, im very anal when it comes to my phone. Ive used IS on my old curve 8320, reused it for a kodak digital camera, and applied one to my girlfriends sidekick. Yes, they are a bit more pricey. But i have actually scratched a BSE screen before by just cleaning it after a call with my shirt, which is something i do constantly with IS. For now the IS is doing its job, but just looks rough due to the incorrect size. But they will ship me another one once the correct dimensions are cut. And im gonna be honest here, all this talk of the "orange peel" look is funny to me. The only time i ever notice it is if i hold the phone at an extreme angle, or angle it while the device is off. If i am starting directly at the device i dont see anything at all. I actually think the little circles of texture is kindof neat.

Despite ZAGGS measuring mishap, i will never suggest any other protector to anyone else. And ive used bse, seen phantoms....and numerous others.
    02-07-09 12:04 PM
    True but just throwing it out there for those who are not going to seek refunds.
    Also reggie, keep in mind you dont have to just get a refund. The ZAGG rep told me that once they get the new dimensions laid out for the 8900 they will ship me it...free of charge. I dont even have to send the defective unit back. I was told i would be contacted a week from now. So dont just think you have to get your money back, or cut an existing one. Im just keeping the oversized screen on untill i get my new one.
    02-07-09 12:12 PM
    Why not just keep the original one on the screen? That's what I did and it is fine.
    02-07-09 08:16 PM
    mine looks nice, and feels nice. MY overlap is next to none. i overall live it. It cleans well and like he said before i only see the small texture at crazy angles as well.
    02-07-09 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD