help!! so i "tried" to sand down my chrome bezel and screwed up! so i waited 3 long weeks in the mail for a brand new black bezel from cnn.cn....and they freakin sent me a black bezel for the bold!!! and i have an 8900! and there not returning my emails for a return or exchange!! so either i would like to sell it or if someone is thinking of ordering a bold bezel from cnn.cn ill sell it to you for the same price minus the three week long wait from hong kong!!..or does anyone have any other sites where i can buy a new bezel!
    03-10-09 11:02 AM
    I would buy it...
    but I do not have a credit card...

Can I pay it by pay-per-view?

and here you have another site where you can buy bezel

colorwarepc.com
    03-10-09 06:46 PM
    help!! so i "tried" to sand down my chrome bezel and screwed up! so i waited 3 long weeks in the mail for a brand new black bezel from cnn.cn....and they freakin sent me a black bezel for the bold!!! and i have an 8900! and there not returning my emails for a return or exchange!! so either i would like to sell it or if someone is thinking of ordering a bold bezel from cnn.cn ill sell it to you for the same price minus the three week long wait from hong kong!!..or does anyone have any other sites where i can buy a new bezel!
    There's a few on ebay.
    03-12-09 11:22 AM
    I have a Curve 8900 and wanted the "Blacked Out Stealth" look. Being impatient, and not wanting to wait 2 weeks for a new bezel, I took my phone apart and used 800 grit sandpaper to sand off all of the chrome finish.

Once that was done, I used 1000 grit wet/dry sandpaper to sand the bezel smooth and get a uniform finish. Then I sanded the bezel again only this time I wet the 1000 grit sandpaper in a little soapy water.

Once I was finished sanding, I dried the bezel with a clean towel, then sprayed it out good with some canned compressed air. This step was extremely important because I DID NOT want to get any moisture inside of the device.

The last step was to use some Turtle Wax polishing compound from Auto Zone and polish out the bezel. I'm sure a good automotive wax would also work just as well and probably would provide a more glossy finish.

The finished bezel came out looking glossy and smooth. The whole process took roughly 45 minutes and I didn't have to spend any money because I already had everything I needed at the house.

Having to wait 2 or 3 weeks for a black bezel from China would have killed me.........LOL

I would have posted pics but my digital camera is on the fritz. I'll try to use a co-worker's BB to get some pics and post them tomorrow.

I got this idea from reading thru various posts so thanks guys!!!!!
    09-10-09 10:12 PM

Hi, what did you do wrong to "screw it up"? I need tips and warnings, lol. I've been debating sanding mine down after I got the inaugural scratch on it a month ago and I wouldn't dare dream of disassembling my blackberry..
    09-20-09 12:05 PM
    09-21-09 08:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD