So I'm helping my dad look for a horizontal leather holster for his 8310. The one he has now does not have the magnet that puts it in standby mode.

He has called me numerous times unknowingly while his phone in his holster on because he leaned up against something and called me from speed dial.

It seems like there is not an official blackberry horizontal holster either, I only saw one for the Bold. There is one on the crackberry store but a reviewer said it is terrible for left handed people which my dad is also left handed.

He also has the blackberry skin on his phone and if there is a holster that would fit the phone with the skin it would be perfect.

I've looked on Ebay and a few other places with no luck, can you guys help me out? Thanks!
    09-11-08 12:14 PM
    This is the best I've found.
    It can be verticle or horizontal.
    Very durable.
    Combo it with the "Innocase"

Seidio Holster
    09-11-08 12:22 PM
    Leather holster. I am assuming he is looking for a more business looking holster. One option is to create your own sleeper magnet on there. You could just glue your own magnet to the existing case. Radio shack has some pretty good, thin magnets that would work. People have tried like refrigerator magnets but they arent strong enough. Your dad could also just be more conscious about putting his keylock on.
    09-11-08 04:05 PM
    Well he has a great holster right now but I guess the current magnet is not strong enough to put it in stand by mode.

Do you know what kind/brand Radioshack has that I can use to glue to his current holster?

If anyone else has done this and bought a magnet that works please let me know where it was from. Thanks.
    09-12-08 09:21 AM
    I don't have 10 post yet so I can't add the link but if you go to Amazon and search for Blackberry Curve 8330 Leather Swivel Holster it should come up. It is a lot cheaper there too

I got mine at BestBuy for 24.95. It is exactly the same thing I have and it will shut off when you put in the holster and come back on when you take it out, and it has swivel on it to lay vertical or horizontal. It does not flop around either. I am a girl and don't wear belts so it will do better with a belt to clip onto
    Last edited by jb4kats; 09-12-08 at 10:14 AM. Reason: had to omit some text
    09-12-08 10:13 AM
    09-12-08 11:30 AM