03-27-11 06:08 AM
39 12
tools
    Either the Seidio Innocase Surface for a less bulky profile or the Active for more protection. I have the Surface and it nicely protects without adding a lot of bulk. It's easy to remove when you need to do a battery pull and it has a nice non-slick feel to it. the Surface case also doesn't get in the way of any of the keys when typing, and the ports are all easily accessed.

They make one for Best Buy that is half the retail cost of their branded one. However you can get the Surface for less by shopping online.
    03-25-11 09:46 AM
    I have a case-mate barely there, i really like the back half of the case. but the front face is terrible. I only use it when im outside my house. The top half, makes the screen wobble, blocks the track pad, makes the screen less responsive and pops off sometimes. I'm hopping to find a top from another case that is better.
    If you like that soft-touch-rubber texture like the Barely There, there are 2 other alternatives you could check out:

1. Seidio Innocase: Probably 5 or 6 colours. I think the bottom piece is a similar thickness to Barely There's, and the top is the same thickness and therefore much sturdier than the Case-Mate. Seidio makes great stuff. AFAIK no Canadian retailer sells Seidio. Order online from CrackBerry Canada or GoCellular.ca.

2. Incipio Feather: Closer in size to Case-Mate. Feather is Incipio's line comparable to Barely There. I've seen this at London Drugs, I think for $29.99. Future Shop also sells Incipio, but I've never seen Feather for the 9800 there.
    amyswan likes this.
    03-25-11 02:41 PM
    Either the Seidio Innocase Surface for a less bulky profile or the Active for more protection.

They make one for Best Buy that is half the retail cost of their branded one. However you can get the Surface for less by shopping online.
    Oh that's right.
    The made-for-Best Buy one is called Platinum Collection.

In Canada, some of our Best Buys have these too, but not for all models and just 1-2 colours. I haven't seen for the Torch yet, but I'll check their website today.
    03-25-11 02:44 PM
    Hands down Seidio cases.
    Last edited by MR FEDZ; 03-30-11 at 10:55 PM.
    03-25-11 06:56 PM
    I'm getting my Torch tomorrow, I'll need a new case for it. Good read.
    03-25-11 08:36 PM
    I went to Best Buy today and picked up the Platinum Series case with holster. I had used that brand on my first 8330 and it seems the same for the Torch ( feel wise ect.) I haven't been able to put the case on yet as I had them install a Zagg screen shield which looks and feels amazing. They say not to add a case for 24 hours as the pressure may cause bubbles. But the rep at the store let me hold their Torch while doing mine, and the case looks and feels perfect. $34.99 for case/holster combo. I noticed the combo wasn't showing online (case only) but combo was in store.

Oh that's right.
    The made-for-Best Buy one is called Platinum Collection.

In Canada, some of our Best Buys have these too, but not for all models and just 1-2 colours. I haven't seen for the Torch yet, but I'll check their website today.
    03-26-11 10:17 PM
    After I posted this,I have tried to purchase one of the cases.
    oh,I love the design very much,and it looks perfect like the picture.Althoght the saler is in hong kong,I have recieved the items already.Quick delivery,cool case,very satisfy.I wanna buy one more.
    I'd recommend him and the product.
    03-26-11 11:47 PM
    I'm getting my Torch tomorrow, I'll need a new case for it. Good read.
    You may have a try.
    03-26-11 11:54 PM
    Ignoring the OP's obvious spam for his eBay store, as for actual decent cases, I have the Incipio Feather case. It's thinner than the Barely There case (used to have it) and the front plate stays on. No keys are blocked, nor are the lock/mute buttons. I love the case.
    Elite1 likes this.
    03-27-11 12:20 AM
    Hi,

I hope I’ve posted this in the right place!

I am looking for a perfect case for my phone,and a kind person recommend me this site below.

*links removed, because I'm trying to scam you into buying my eBay crap*

To be honest,I'm hugely impressed with these cases.But money limited,I can only pick up one or two.This is a difficult choice for me,so I just wondered if you were me,you will pick up which one?which case is Your favorite?

All ideas appreciated!

Thanks
    Really? Do you often buy products from YOURSELF? Cause I mean.. linking to your OWN eBay store and then asking which you should choose seems kinda dumb.
    03-27-11 01:25 AM
    Casemate barely there for the 9800. Sleek and reliable.
    Yeah I totally agree I have casemate barely there in silver and most people think I have a special edition torch until I tell them its just a case
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

03-27-11 04:26 AM
    Really? Do you often buy products from YOURSELF? Cause I mean.. linking to your OWN eBay store and then asking which you should choose seems kinda dumb.
    Why would anyone think Chinese spammers could be anything except dumb?
    03-27-11 04:54 AM
    I have always used the stock leather cases from Blackberry. Amazon.com has the new Torch Leather case for $5-10 depending on if you go with Amazon or a direct seller, I just gave my sister my backup and she bought me a holster version for $11. I prefer the slim fit of the leather sleeve so I can keep the phone in my pocket. If I was to ever go with an actual case it would be an Otterbox though.
    03-27-11 05:39 AM
    Did you look at the link I posted for you? There's similar cases plus many more, and for much, much less. I think giving you that link is supporting you.

Unless, of course *GASP* you had something to do with that site. But no, that couldn't be!

Shills...
    Why would anyone think Chinese spammers could be anything except dumb?
    Maybe we've misjudged them. Let's all order!
    03-27-11 06:08 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD