I purchased my wife's S2 with Verizon and it comes with a "BlackBerry 3.5 mm Stereo Headset".

I really like the headset sound quality, but the headsets went out about a week ago. I contacted verizon about a replacement, they had me contact BB customer service. the rep at BB told me that they don't make the headphones and they don't know who does, I called Verizon back and they don't know who the manufacturer is either.

The rep with Verizon even contacted BB and they spoke for about 5 min about it and not getting anywhere with eachother. I don't really want to pay $50 for a good set of headphones if I can get one on warranty.

Does anyone know who the manufacturer is or can point me in the correct direction?

Thanks.
    12-30-09 12:15 PM
    Not sure who makes them but if you have no luck I found some of the orginals on Amazon for pretty cheap.

Here is a link to the headphones that come with some BBs with the gel type ear things for about $12

Amazon.com: Premium Blackberry OEM Original 3.5mm Stereo Headset HDW-15766-005 for RIM BlackBerry 8900 Curve, Storm 9530, Pearl Flip 8220, 8300 Curve Cell Phone: Cell Phones & Service

Here is a link to the original headphones that had the hard ear things for about $4

Amazon.com: Original 3.5mm Stereo Hands-free Headset for RIM Blackberry 8120 Pearl (by AT&T(att), T-Mobile (tmobile),Suncom): Electronics

Both came with the BBs not sure which of the above came with the Storm 2 but probably the top link. Hope this helps.
    12-31-09 10:28 AM
    most corporate local stores will give you the headphones at no cost if they have any device in return or exchange. i have had two replacement headsets from my local corp store and they were really friendly about it, they also sale the oem headset in store. they are more expensives than buying online. but if you have issues you can return exchange them.
    12-31-09 10:32 AM
    Try unmuting first before returning. Just in case.
    12-31-09 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD