11-29-09 02:58 PM
89 1234
tools
    Which one did you end up ordering?

I ordered the same one you did.
    09-21-09 03:49 PM
    Get the epik case, they re the best case for the tour our there, I have a black one and I have 4 on the way Black, Blue, Red and Green, it also fits the holster that came w/ the phone.
    09-21-09 04:17 PM
    Agreed, I don't understand the point of most cases/skins for this phone, since they leave the most vulnerable part of the phone exposed and only cover the scratch resistant back of the phone. When I put my phone in my pocket, or toss it in a bag, my concern is lint getting in the keys/trackball and scratching the screen or the glossy plastic in the front. The pocket pouch helps protect the phone from dust/lint, scratches, and from objects pressing on the screen too hard. Plus, when you take it out, you can put it in the charging cradle easily.
    Well I personally like cases because it does add a touch of customization to your phone. Also, it does give the phone a different texture that might be more suitable to your taste. When I was commenting earlier, I was referring specifically to the phone being in your pocket. If you are holding the phone in your hand and drop it on accident, the pocket pouch (or even some cases) won't do much good at that point. Anyways, did you ever get your pouch in? It really does look sleek.
    09-21-09 06:45 PM
    Get the EPIC case 5 buck delivered...great case its like a gel but its a non sticky resin. Search for epik case there is a whole thread on it. I highly recommend it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Boom, there it is. This is the best case for the Tour ^^^^ the others don't come close especially when you consider the price. Slips in and out of your pocket easy.
    09-21-09 08:44 PM
    Well I personally like cases because it does add a touch of customization to your phone. Also, it does give the phone a different texture that might be more suitable to your taste. When I was commenting earlier, I was referring specifically to the phone being in your pocket. If you are holding the phone in your hand and drop it on accident, the pocket pouch (or even some cases) won't do much good at that point. Anyways, did you ever get your pouch in? It really does look sleek.
    Didn't get it yet, but it shipped today from Illinois, coming to Indiana. Should be here in the next day or two. I will post pics as soon as I get it.
    09-21-09 09:52 PM
    I have the Sena slim line pocket pouch and it is perfect for full protection with no added bulk at all. It is a bit expensive, but it's very soft leather with the microfiber lining on the inside and it has the magnet for stand by, which has helped battery life.

I've been looking at the Sena as well. Nice to know about the microfiber lining and the magnet for sleep mode. Auctally that pretty much just sold it for me.

I'm also leaning towards an Ottorbox defender as I work outside in the dust & dirt. Not sure how well the defender will fit in my shirt pocket.
    09-24-09 12:00 AM
    What I'll probably be doing, if it helps any, is throwing on a ZAGG Invisible Skin and an Incipio Feather case. I've got the Feather for my Storm and the thing has been fantastic, marginal bulk increase, and it's protected my Storm from several spills to the pavement.
    09-24-09 01:46 AM
    I've been looking at the Sena as well. Nice to know about the microfiber lining and the magnet for sleep mode. Auctally that pretty much just sold it for me.

I'm also leaning towards an Ottorbox defender as I work outside in the dust & dirt. Not sure how well the defender will fit in my shirt pocket.
    I just got the Ottorbox defender. It does add some bulk to the phone. But, it does fit in my pocket nice. I will update in a couple days to give an opinion of how it is working out.
    09-24-09 11:53 PM
    The pocket case I ordered a while ago will be here tomorrow (stupid usps is so slow). I'll post pics when it gets in.
    09-25-09 02:15 PM
    get an invisible sheild no scratches and no added weight...
    09-25-09 02:19 PM
    The pocket case I ordered a while ago will be here tomorrow (stupid usps is so slow). I'll post pics when it gets in.
    Sweet, looking forward to it before I go ahead and pull the trigger on one.

And to the poster saying to just get an invisi shield, I like pocket pouches because it lets me utilize the in/out of holster settings in my sound profile.
    09-25-09 02:56 PM
    I got this case for my phone. Fits in my pocket nicely, and puts my phone in standby and obviously works with profile settings.

09-25-09 03:25 PM
    I don't like how the top of the phone sticks out of the pouch in the pic above. That's whats stopped me from ordering one of those right now. Not sure why, guess its just a personal preference
    09-25-09 03:27 PM
    I don't like how the top of the phone sticks out of the pouch in the pic above. That's whats stopped me from ordering one of those right now. Not sure why, guess its just a personal preference
    I agree. I don't like the way it is open on the sides either.
    09-25-09 04:56 PM
    I have a full body phantom skinz on mine and it gets put in my pocket a lot. No lint to speak of. If you want a little more protection I like the looks of the Seidio Innocase II (but don't have one). Doesn't add much bulk but maybe a little sturdier for when you bend over
    09-25-09 08:38 PM
    I had best buy install invashield-and I love it. Adds a "sticky" feel to it, but it just makes it stay in my hand better. There is a life time replacement. Over this, I keep the verizon gel case. I figure when I decide to sale it-I can offer it up with hopefully NO SCRATCHES. A year from now, someone will want it-and it can still look brand new.

ALSO

I have the 2300mA battery-and the verizon gel care fits GREAT. The invashield didnt fit the battery on the sides, but everywhere else had good coverage.
    09-25-09 09:49 PM
    I recomend an epik case plus the Beyza slimline for the bold. It fits very nicely in the bold pouch with the epik case on, and you can still see the led through the cutout.
    10-13-09 02:47 PM
    I got tired of waiting for Beyza to make a SlimLine for the Tour, so I went ahead and ordered a Sena ultra slim pouch. There are some coupons out there, so I ended up getting it for like $30 shipped.

I'm glad I did. After breaking the case in (only took a day or two), it fits great. Feels so much better in my pocket than the OEM one did.
    10-13-09 03:21 PM
    What is the point of cases? I just put my phone in my pocket (screen down) and all is well. Never do I pull it out with mystery scratches or anything. Absolutely no need for a case.

Just a matter of time...you will see.

Dm
    10-13-09 03:55 PM
    The BB brand Tour pouch is my choice also. Its perfect if you keep the phone in a dedicated pocket. I would not recommend it for those of you who toss the BB in a bag or pocket with keys, etc.

10-13-09 05:50 PM
    does any know if Blackberry makes the leather slip case for the Tour. like the one we got with the curve. if so can someone post the buy link...TIA
    10-13-09 06:05 PM
    where did you find the case that fully covers the phone. im not a fan of the top sticking out. also does it use sleep mode?
    10-13-09 09:43 PM
    I recomend an epik case plus the Beyza slimline for the bold. It fits very nicely in the bold pouch with the epik case on, and you can still see the led through the cutout.
    Can you please post pictures?
    10-13-09 11:42 PM
    +1 for the Otterbox Commuter
    10-14-09 12:31 AM
    I got the same thing for my tour that I had on my curve, a soft rubber hard snap on case . It makes it a tiny bit bulkier then just a skin but if I drop it (which I tend to do a lot) it gives it some protection. I use a screen protector and that with the buffer of the case keeps my phone looking nice.
    I don't worry about the battery/sleep mode, if I want that I can just put it in standby mode by pushing the mute button on the top of the phone.
    I go through a few of these cases a year but I find good deals on ebay
    so not a big deal.
    I know bodyglove makes a nice snap on case as well and theirs has a screen cover built in. After having that on my ipod, I'm not so big on that though. Something tiny got trapped under the cover on my ipod screen/case and I ended up with tons of tiny scratches that essentially ruined my 60 gb ipod for video. Which is why I stick with a basic screen protector.
    Just my personal opinion.
    10-14-09 05:49 AM
89 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD