11-29-09 03:58 PM
89 1234
tools
    I'm waiting on my Epik case. I've seen the video where it is shown in holster with case on anyone try it with a pocket pouch? I'd rather use one of those then my holster

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The phone won't fit in the pocket pouch with a epik case on. I was really hoping for that combo as well.

09-20-09 10:58 PM
    Innocase Snap Hands down.

See my review.

09-20-09 11:00 PM
    Did some digging around online and found this case:
    http://www.wirelessbyeaccess.com/sto...ocket-Case.gif
    If you stay on that page, the picture changes to show you different angles.

I ordered it and will post a review and some pics when I get it in.
    09-20-09 11:09 PM
    Put ghost Armor on your phone....I carry a magnet in my pocket to put the phone to sleep

09-20-09 11:13 PM
    I carry a magnet in my pocket to put the phone to sleep
    haha! That's an interesting idea.
    09-20-09 11:46 PM
    I use the Otter Box. It makes the unit a little larger but it is bullet proof.
    I do, too. What I did is removed the belt clip part (needle nose pliers gets in there to release the clip from the holster part. I place the BB in the otterbox into the holster for a more compact pocketable unit.
    09-21-09 12:45 AM
    I use the leather pouch that came with my curve 8330. It works very well for me. Only downside is it doesnt put the phone to sleep. But i just lock my phone and its all good. I would love to find an identical case that actually puts the tour to sleep. But ill live without it.
    09-21-09 02:42 AM

Just ordered this. It has the sleep sensor and looks a lot sleeker than the Blackberry pouch, plus it covers the whole phone.
    Last edited by jonlong724; 09-21-09 at 02:46 AM.
    09-21-09 02:44 AM
    It doesn't make sense to me why people are suggesting cases when he wants to put his phone in his pocket (unless you are anticipating objects hitting the pocket that you are holding the phone in thus damaging it). The only thing that seems to be really vulnerable with a phone going into a pocket is the screen. I think that the pocket pouch posted above would be a good choice!
    09-21-09 02:56 AM
    Thanks for the info so much. I like the Otterbox Commuter but does it have a screen protector? If not what is a ggod option w\a screen protector. I could go w\the Defender but would iit be too bulky to carry in my pocket? Thanks
    09-21-09 06:18 AM
    It doesn't make sense to me why people are suggesting cases when he wants to put his phone in his pocket (unless you are anticipating objects hitting the pocket that you are holding the phone in thus damaging it). The only thing that seems to be really vulnerable with a phone going into a pocket is the screen. I think that the pocket pouch posted above would be a good choice!
    Agreed, I don't understand the point of most cases/skins for this phone, since they leave the most vulnerable part of the phone exposed and only cover the scratch resistant back of the phone. When I put my phone in my pocket, or toss it in a bag, my concern is lint getting in the keys/trackball and scratching the screen or the glossy plastic in the front. The pocket pouch helps protect the phone from dust/lint, scratches, and from objects pressing on the screen too hard. Plus, when you take it out, you can put it in the charging cradle easily.
    09-21-09 08:53 AM
    Agreed, I don't understand the point of most cases/skins for this phone, since they leave the most vulnerable part of the phone exposed and only cover the scratch resistant back of the phone. When I put my phone in my pocket, or toss it in a bag, my concern is lint getting in the keys/trackball and scratching the screen or the glossy plastic in the front. The pocket pouch helps protect the phone from dust/lint, scratches, and from objects pressing on the screen too hard. Plus, when you take it out, you can put it in the charging cradle easily.
    There is obviously a market for this or manufactures would not put the $ into tooling/engineering to produce.
    09-21-09 10:13 AM
    Am I the only person having a difficult time with these screen protectors. I tried the one with the Feather but just can not get it to cover the screen without air bubbles on the edges.

I tried the boxwave ones as well and they all seem to be rising at the corners or bottom. The anti-glare ones ruin the screen resolution but the crystal clear ones look good, if only the applied evenly.

What am I missing?

Go Blue..(alum)
    09-21-09 11:00 AM
    There is obviously a market for this or manufactures would not put the $ into tooling/engineering to produce.
    I know there's a market, I see people with them all the time. I just don't understand why, other than for personalization.
    09-21-09 12:14 PM
    Ok, I have narrowed it down to the Innocase 360 and the Otterbox Defender as these are the only two I have forund that have built in screen protectors. I think I can use either one to protect myt phone from drops etc and still carry it in my pocket. So any comments on either? Hope to order tomorrow.
    09-21-09 01:15 PM
    Ok, I have narrowed it down to the Innocase 360 and the Otterbox Defender as these are the only two I have forund that have built in screen protectors. I think I can use either one to protect myt phone from drops etc and still carry it in my pocket. So any comments on either? Hope to order tomorrow.
    Innocase 360 strikes me as a nicer, more pocketable case, but after seeing some pics of the light transmission through the keys, I was disappointed. The light that comes through keyboard cover is pretty dim.

Ottorbox Defender is nice, but is pretty bulky. It also doesn't cover the keyboard, as far as I know. I like to make sure the keyboard is covered so dust and lint don't get in there.
    09-21-09 01:24 PM
    Also, why do you want the built in screen protector? Have you tried one of the ones that you stick on?
    09-21-09 01:26 PM
    I would prefer a built in screen protector as I "believe" it will offer better protection than the stick on. I don't think the lack of keyboard cover will be an issue but if there is a case that offers built in screen and keyboard protection please let me know and I'll take a look at it as well.
    09-21-09 02:32 PM

Just ordered this. It has the sleep sensor and looks a lot sleeker than the Blackberry pouch, plus it covers the whole phone.
    I've been waiting for a nice slim pocket pouch for a while now. I wanted a Beyza SlimLine, with the cut out for the LED, but they have yet to release one for the Tour. Have you received the one you bought yet? I am very curious as to its size and quality.
    09-21-09 02:34 PM
    I've been waiting for a nice slim pocket pouch for a while now. I wanted a Beyza SlimLine, with the cut out for the LED, but they have yet to release one for the Tour. Have you received the one you bought yet? I am very curious as to its size and quality.
    I have been waiting for the Beyza case as well. Got tired of waiting so I just order this one. No cut-out for the LED but I can live with that. Just wanted full protection while in my pocket and my Beyza case from my curve I have been using is a little short.
    09-21-09 02:39 PM
    What is the point of cases? I just put my phone in my pocket (screen down) and all is well. Never do I pull it out with mystery scratches or anything. Absolutely no need for a case.

How long have you owned BB's?
    09-21-09 02:42 PM
    I have been waiting for the Beyza case as well. Got tired of waiting so I just order this one. No cut-out for the LED but I can live with that. Just wanted full protection while in my pocket and my Beyza case from my curve I have been using is a little short.
    Which one did you end up ordering?
    09-21-09 02:48 PM
    Pricey, but Vaja leathers have some awesome cases that will fit nicely in pocket and have a classy look all their own!
    09-21-09 02:58 PM
    I have the Sena slim line pocket pouch and it is perfect for full protection with no added bulk at all. It is a bit expensive, but it's very soft leather with the microfiber lining on the inside and it has the magnet for stand by, which has helped battery life.

09-21-09 04:00 PM
    I have the Sena slim line pocket pouch and it is perfect for full protection with no added bulk at all. It is a bit expensive, but it's very soft leather with the microfiber lining on the inside and it has the magnet for stand by, which has helped battery life.

Any way you could post a pic of it? I have thought about getting the Sena slim pouch, but the leather in the pics seems to be something that I am not fond of. Although it may be a case of the pictures on the website not resembling what it looks like IRL.
    09-21-09 04:47 PM
89 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD