11-29-09 02:58 PM
89 123 ...
tools
    I am looking for a case to protect my Tour. I would rather carry it in my from pocket instead of on my belt in a holster. What case do you folks recommend? Thank you.
    09-20-09 01:43 PM
    Im using the Gel Case from Verizon. Even though it protects my Tour, the case is a hassle when in my pocket. It collects alot of lint and "sticks" to my pocket. For me, I would recommend a hard case.
    09-20-09 01:56 PM
    Get the EPIC case 5 buck delivered...great case its like a gel but its a non sticky resin. Search for epik case there is a whole thread on it. I highly recommend it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 01:59 PM
    Get a pocket pouch! That's what I use for my Bold and puts the phone on Standby as soon as u put it in to save battery life! I bought it for $1.50 on ebay
    09-20-09 02:01 PM
    It's more money but I just picked up a Seidio Snap for the Tour. It doesn't provide ultimate protection but it does the job sufficiently for me.

Innocase Snap, Black

It's a rubber coated hard case... doesn't collect lint.. feels good.. looks great.
    09-20-09 02:16 PM
    What is the point of cases? I just put my phone in my pocket (screen down) and all is well. Never do I pull it out with mystery scratches or anything. Absolutely no need for a case.

09-20-09 02:25 PM
    Some days I use my Epik cases and other days I will use a pocket pouch. I love both of them!

09-20-09 02:59 PM
    My friend gave me the leather pouch for the 83XX series and it's doin good for me so far.

09-20-09 03:38 PM
    What is the point of cases? I just put my phone in my pocket (screen down) and all is well. Never do I pull it out with mystery scratches or anything. Absolutely no need for a case.

Case is great for when you drop the phone that one or two times...or when you put it down in a small puddle of beer on the bar.

09-20-09 03:47 PM
    where can i buy an epikcase?
    09-20-09 03:54 PM
    for a pocket.. an Epik case if the best case for the Tour.

if you ever plan on keeping a Tour in your pocket, you need at least a case for the phone. The Tours black shinny plastic modlings are very easy to scratch so you need to at least cover those up.

we all know what a phone looks like ovr a few months in someones pocket.. there junk then... get a case and keep the phone looking new
    09-20-09 04:04 PM
    where can i buy an epikcase?
    here u go... http://forums.crackberry.com/f77/rec...-today-295750/
    09-20-09 04:06 PM
    Incipio Silicrylic case hands down. It has a silicone core with a hard backing so it slides easily in and out of pockets. I would feel comfortable throwing my phone down a flight of stairs in this case. Its a little pricey but well worth the money.

Cases and Accessories - SILICRYLIC Silicone with Plastic Case for BlackBerry Tour 9630 - Black
    09-20-09 04:09 PM
    I started using an 83xx slip case as well but I really prefer my tour as naked as possible. That's how I did it with 8800, Bold, Iphone3g, and now Tour on some days.
    09-20-09 04:12 PM
    I carry my phone in my pocket. I have been thinking about getting the Incipio feather. I think it would be perfect for pocket carrying. If nothing else I could tell mine and my girls Tours apart.
    09-20-09 04:31 PM
    I really wish they made a hard plastic "pouch" for the Tour. Something like a shell that you can slide the phone into while it is in your pocket, so that it covers the screen and keyboard. Does anybody know of product like this?
    09-20-09 04:31 PM
    I use the Otter Box. It makes the unit a little larger but it is bullet proof.
    09-20-09 04:49 PM
    I'm waiting on my Epik case. I've seen the video where it is shown in holster with case on anyone try it with a pocket pouch? I'd rather use one of those then my holster

09-20-09 04:58 PM
    Get the EPIC case 5 buck delivered...great case its like a gel but its a non sticky resin. Search for epik case there is a whole thread on it. I highly recommend it.

+1
    I use the epic case with the screen protector. I had the pouch from my curve but now I just use the epic case.
    09-20-09 05:11 PM
    Got the Epik and the OEM pocket pouch and both are great. Might get a pocket pouch that goes to the Bold just because it will cover the top of the Tour better than the Tour pouch
    09-20-09 05:52 PM
    Got the Epik and the OEM pocket pouch and both are great. Might get a pocket pouch that goes to the Bold just because it will cover the top of the Tour better than the Tour pouch
    Can you use them together?

09-20-09 06:03 PM
    I carry mine in front pocket almost always. At least get a screen protector - Zagg, etc. The screen on my ATT Curve was scratched badly within a week because I had coins, keys, a ChapStick, etc in my pocket. And by the time I switched to the Tour, the paint was worn off the top pretty badly - kinda peeling.

So now I use the Zagg screen protector & a BB pocket pouch:
    http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content

-- increases battery life
    -- helps keep lint, etc out of the trackball & keypad
    -- reduce the wear & tear on the housing -- the top will still see some wear but I was too cheap to spend the extra $10 for the full body Zagg kit
    09-20-09 08:04 PM
    just ordered the case-mate barely there case:

Case-Mate Barely There for Tour 9630

i should get it sometime this week, i'll let you know how it is
    09-20-09 08:33 PM
    I have been using the holster case that came with my tour. I went Hulk on the belt clip and ripped it off the case. This leaves a small piece of plastic sticking out but I just put the case in my pocket with the small plastic piece facing away from my leg. It actually isn't too bulky in my pocket either. Now I wouldn't recommend using this case in a jean pocket but for my work dress pants or khaki pants it works great. It is at least worth a shot to see if you like it before spending money on a new case.

09-20-09 08:45 PM
    I highly suggest the Otterbox Commuter case. I think it's the best all around case for everday use.

BlackBerry Tour Cases // BlackBerry Tour 9600 Series Commuter Case // OtterBox.com
    09-20-09 09:31 PM
89 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD