I drive a Jeep and obviously, wind noise when talking on the phone is a major problem. I prefer to use a headset when driving because, well, shifting gears, steering and holding a phone don't go well together. Has anyone found a decent headset that works with wind noise or road noise? My Motorola H850 is okay with the hardtop on or the windows in, but, otherwise, it just transmits the wind.

Thanks!
    06-12-08 09:35 AM
    I've have very good luck with the Jawbone.
    06-12-08 09:42 AM
    you need to get one that uses a "bone conducting" mic, as those will not pick up environment noise at all. my motorola S9 is this way, and people i talk to say they can never hear anything other than my voice
    06-12-08 12:04 PM
    I kinda like my Plantronics Voyager 510.

I drive a Jeep and obviously, wind noise when talking on the phone is a major problem. I prefer to use a headset when driving because, well, shifting gears, steering and holding a phone don't go well together. Has anyone found a decent headset that works with wind noise or road noise? My Motorola H850 is okay with the hardtop on or the windows in, but, otherwise, it just transmits the wind.

Thanks!
    06-12-08 12:08 PM
    Thanks for the info. Devnull, where is the mic on the S9? It looks like a headset that goes behind your head. Or, I'm looking at the wrong thing on the Motorola website.
    06-13-08 07:51 AM
    Yeah where is the mic? Is the S9 the one with the dog tag for a mic??
    06-14-08 10:24 PM
    Try the Jawbone II.
    06-14-08 10:36 PM
    The S9 is a behind the neck stereo headset. There is no external mic port, it picks up your voice by vibrations conducted through your skull i believe.
    06-16-08 11:18 AM
    I have the Jawbone II and for "regular" calls in a moving car (non-convertible), people have said they can't even tell I'm on a headset. My brother, on the other hand, has called me from his top-down convertible using a Jawbone I. Unless he cupped his hand in front of it, the wind noise was substantial. We could still finish a conversation, but . . . it wasn't the whisper quiet noise suppression I would have thought.
    06-16-08 01:12 PM
    Thanks for the clarification on both points. DH is skeptical if any headset is going to work with my Jeep.
    06-16-08 01:57 PM
    in theory any of the vibration sensing type of headset will let the other party hear you, but unless the earpice is good at blocking out environment noise or the headset volume does not go very high you may have a hard time hearing them.
    06-16-08 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD