Does anyone know of a headset (stereo) with mic, volume control, and ability to switch to the next music track remotely? All I can find is the Blackberry premium headset that has rather mediocre reviews. My Vmoda worked on my Tour, but the volume setting wasn't compatible, and it won't answer calls now with my Torch...more of an Iphone accessory I guess.
    10-15-11 08:24 AM
    There are quite a few headphones that do this in various price ranges. Try Amazon, BestBuy, RadioShack, ect. I guess its time to go "shopping".
    10-15-11 10:37 AM
    Actually I did, and I can't find any that clearly say they work on the 9850. As I said, the VModa only answered calls, the volume switch did not work on the Tour. All I can find is the Blackberry one...so does anyone have one they can recommend?
    10-15-11 07:25 PM
    I've been shopping all over for headsets for my 9780 that work with it. I have a Sony one that has a mic but only works if you hold the button for a long time so it's useless for my BB. I just ordered a Plantronics BackBeat 216 but I read the volume controls don't work, but the microphone does. I don't know if I've ever seen one that has a volume control that works with BB. Even the BB Premium headset doesn't have a volume control.
    10-16-11 08:29 AM
    I would say maybe go to a bestbuy or radioshack and talk to the people there they may be able to suggest something to you that would be compatiable with youir 9850.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-11 10:35 AM
    I've been looking around for this as well and have not gotten anywhere. doesnt seem like there is a fully functional earphone where the volume keys work. I was gonna get the UE 500vi's (or 400vi's if you're in Europe) which said 'compatible for iPhone, Blackberry and Android'. however in small print (as always) its fully operational only on iPhone. Mic and answer call buttons work, no volume or skipping tracks. I would've thought with about 70 million BBs out there and a potential market of say 500,000 (lets be a little pessimistic with the numbers) who would be interested in such earphones someone would have come up with such a set. Disappointing to say the least...
    10-23-11 07:54 AM
    Check out the bluetooth 7 day headband on Amazon. Works great with my 9700.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-11 12:32 PM
    I have the Arctic P311's that I bought off of Amazon for $26.49 and all the functions work on my Torch 9800. Volume control, song skip, and mic. Has a 20 hour charge as well. I like them but they look like the old school over the ear headsets not the in-ear plugs. They feel kind of cheap but have taken a beating from my College text books in my backpack and they sound good for the price. You won't get the concert front row by the speakers loud, but I use them when I am mowing the lawn on the riding mower and can hear just fine.

Amazon - Arctic P311's
    11-07-11 10:20 PM
    I'm also in the market for a stereo headset with mic and volume control. Either earbuds or in-ear monitors are fine, but I'd like to avoid Bluetooth solutions.

In fact, I was also ready to pull the trigger on Logitech/Ultimate Ears' 500vi until I noticed that same fine print about the controls for changing tracks and adjusting volume not being functional on BlackBerry devices.

Anyone else have suggestions, great deal or not?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-14-11 01:36 PM
    the problem with the headsets made for iproducts are the fact that they are resister type controls made to comply with the control scheme for the iproducts by Apple (they have voltmeters to read the differences in voltage to comply with commands such as volume control/track changes)...
    ... which is completely different to the headset control schemes for blackberries (their volume control/track changes are made use of an additional battery)

note: I actually tried the default iphone headset on my 9800, track changes or start/stop a track made the phone think I've disconnected the headset

...that being said, I am interested to see if the 3rd party headsets have the same problems as the cheap stuff (ya, they sell cheap too, as almost every phone manufactures do)
    Last edited by info600; 11-27-11 at 09:28 PM. Reason: stuff to add...
    11-27-11 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD