Hi guys, i just got an email from BSE about the Torch 9800. I personally think BSE make the best protectors out there so. Check it out with the link below. It's on special as well!

Thank you for your interest in Best Skins Ever. We are proud to announce that we are now accepting orders for the Blackberry Torch 9800 Skin and will begin shipping them immediately. This is no wussy screen protector. It's the ultimate in undetectable scratch defense covering your new Blackberry Torch 9800 without changing its size, or more importantly, its look.
    You can find the new Blackberry Torch 9800 Skin at the following link. Blackberry Torch 9800 Skins
    09-10-10 08:02 PM
    I looked earlier today and it just said coming soon. BSE's are by far the best.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-10 08:15 PM
    Just went back and you can now order but it still says shipping soon.

Got a 2 pack of screen only for $4.99. Best deal on the best skins.
    09-10-10 08:21 PM
    How does this compare to a hard case like Otter Box? I like the Otter Box protecrtion buit it is bulky and heavy. Can you access the battery with a skin? I-ve never used a skin.

09-10-10 09:56 PM
    Interested in this too. However I've already ordered the otterbox so I guess I'm probably just going to stick with that.

Is installation hard? Are there bubbles?
    09-11-10 12:51 AM
    as for installation of the BSE on torch esp an all body one, not sure. I've always just gone for the protector on the screen itself and haven't had a problem nor have my friends with the installation or the service they provided i.e its not hard at all

protective film? if you're talking about just the normal stuff you get at your local shop, probably not. this stuff is pretty damn resistant to a lot of pressure when it comes to trying to scratch the damn thing. hopefully that answers your question.

For the most part, you wont notice it on there but it has never ruined the experience for me. The installation is quite straight forward and it seems very similar to the process used by ZAGG's invisibleSHIELD except these guys (BSE) offer their skins at a better price if not better service. The process being (if they haven't found some awesome new way) is by adding a bit of solution to the device and slapping it right on there.

I've never had any bubbles or problems putting it on but that's not to say it won't ever happen. order 2 if you feel like you might not feel so confident - get it right the first time and you'll have one to give to a friend cause you know, you'll throw this is in as a sweetener and you can be bbm buddies, haha!

I've got one on my zen vision m that i bought in 2006. it still looks pretty damn good now with heavy usage and im quite surprise its lasted this long! My friend took one off his ipod and it looked as good as ever... for an ipod haha.

I can't see it being a problem with a removable battery. it'll probably come in a few cut out sheets to place it on yourself. more work yes but hardly something i'd pull a muscle from - Knowing from past experience it wont hinder your experience and if you got a question about it, they really are accommodating.

it would complement an otterbox but seeing as i dont really care for cases, im quite happy with the use i get out of a skin such as this and whilst it would be saving you quite a bit, for me its all about the protection of the screen! It's not something that will protect it from heavy drops as there's no 'cushioning' between the skin but by putting it in your pocket amongst keys and coins etc I can safely say that you'll be right with just the skin. (I've dropped devices with the skin on and im thankful for it being on there since a device sliding across gravel just isn't going to look pretty unless you've got the protector on but luckily )

If i had one, i wouldn't worry to much about carrying a case but certain cases are definitely eye catching and for that extra assurance, i wouldn't say to you to not get it.
    09-11-10 06:36 AM
    I have damaged/returned numerous zagg products in the past, I've even had to return one that had "zebra striping" in the material (I didn't even install it) but for the three years I've used bse's I've never had an issue. Their material and "fit" is far superior to zagg at a fraction of the price. I have bse on all my phones, ipods and psp and they work brilliantly. Sure, you don't get the fancy packaging or the worthless pump spray of water that zagg includes but I make my own soap spray anyway so who cares!

I guarantee that if you try a bse over a zagg that you will never go back to the inferior zagg products.

09-11-10 07:39 AM
    I had the "zebra striping" on a BSE on my 9700. They are cheap for a reason. I have used Zagg, BSE, Clear Armor, Phantom Skinz and Ghost Armor and Phantom and Ghost are the best two I feel. Much less orange peel and it feels a lot less rubbery/sticky.

09-11-10 09:53 AM
    I've only used zagg and bse, never used ghost armor so I can't comment. Bse are 10x better than the zagg product though. I've not had a single issue with the bse, the quality is 2nd to none and "striping" has been non existent on the dozens that I've bought over the years yet it's been on 2 of the 3 zagg's I've bought in the last 3 months. I might try a ghost armor just to see, hopefully their cut is as accurate as the bse.

I had the "zebra striping" on a BSE on my 9700. They are cheap for a reason. I have used Zagg, BSE, Clear Armor, Phantom Skinz and Ghost Armor and Phantom and Ghost are the best two I feel. Much less orange peel and it feels a lot less rubbery/sticky.

09-11-10 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD