Hey guys

With great sadness, I laid my my original blackberry headset to rest last night.

After a brief period of mourning I realised I genuinely can't manage more than a few minutes out of the house without music to accompany me, and so I need to go out and find a replacement ASAP.

So, ever omniscient Crackberry Nation, can you find me a replacement for them ?

I'm a big fan of in-ear headphones, like the default set, and mic is not a necessity (I have an in car speakerphone) but would be nice. Also, I'm thinking cheap. As ever, I'm willing to spend good money on a good product, but headphones are something I perpetually loose and break, and so I don't want to spend much more than the original set costs.

About 4 hours till I have to leave the house, lets see what we can do

Ty
    Last edited by EGerhardt; 04-22-10 at 04:59 AM.
    04-22-10 01:07 AM
    There are a bunch of threads already on this. Sorry I can't answer because I hate earbuds. If you want a great pair of headphones that folds, look for Sennheiser.
    04-22-10 04:51 AM
    I know there are a bundle of threads, just they all seem to be focused on the mid to high end of the market, and much as I'm sure the top enders are wonderful, I'm not comfortable dropping 100+ on something I will most likely leave on a train a few months down the line.
    04-22-10 04:53 AM
    I don't blame you but there should be many choices of good earbuds less than a hundred bucks in those threads. Search for earphones earbuds etc. because headphones are not the same as earbuds and a headset is something with a mic. You need earphones or earbuds.
    04-22-10 04:55 AM
    TY for the tip on headphone vocabulary. OP title changed to reflect it, hopefully will get some more hits.

Newest I can find quickly that talks about lower end earbuds is kinda April 09, and although has a few things to think about it still seems to be pitched a little higher up than I'm willing to go... Kinda 50ish mark.

As it stands I'm thinking I may as well just get another BB pair. A little unimaginative, but at least they are pretty cheap.
    04-22-10 05:02 AM
    I personally like my panasonics. They are in-ear, but instead of being hard plastic with foam, they use a softer insert where it slides into your ear (hard to explain but I hope you understand)

I find them much more comfortable then the origonal headset and sound much clearer/better

I got them from The Source (What used to be Radio Shack in Canada) for about $30CDN. Cheap enough that they're easily replaced, but not so cheap that you miss out on quality of sound or design

Here's a link for them:
    Panasonic RPHJE120K Stereo Earphones-Black | Earbud Headphones | TheSource.ca
    04-22-10 07:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD