I posted this question originally under 3rd party apps but now I'm realizing it isn't related to SlackerRadio but using the headphones. If the headphones are plugged in, some alerts are audible even though the BB is in vibrate mode. So far, UberTwitter and Yahoo IM made noise but my calendar reminder vibrated.

Is there a setting that I am missing?
    12-29-09 06:53 PM
    So now this morning, even without the headphones being plugged in, some alerts are audible even though it is in vibrate mode. When I get a Yahoo message or UberTwitter, it will vibrate first and then make the alert sound. I'm in the middle of a battery pull so hopefully that fixes it. However, another issue I posted about in another thread is the fact that whenever I do a battery pull, some of my alert sounds refer back to the default. So I'll probably have to deal with that. I think I'll need to downgrade back to 4.7 because this garbage all started this weekend when I downloaded the leaked 5.0 OS. Lesson learned, I guess.
    12-30-09 10:30 AM
    Yeah, the battery pull did not solve the issue and yes, some alerts went back to their default sound.

Thankfully, Silent Mode appears to be working. Guess I'll be backing up and reinstalling 4.7 tonight.
    12-30-09 10:44 AM
    Yup, going back to 4.7 solved all my alert issues. Lesson learned.
    01-02-10 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD