Is there any way to get the wired headphones to ring through the headset when someone calls?

It would seem this would be a very standard thing but doesnt look like thats the case.
    10-23-09 04:16 PM
    What kind of headphones are you using? If you have the ones that came with the phone they will work. If your listening to music and a call goes through the music will stop, and you can push the button to talk to the person.

If they are normal headphones the music will stop, but you obviosly won't be able to talk because of the lack of a microphone.
    10-23-09 05:33 PM
    I think that is dependent on the headphones supporting that feature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 05:33 PM
    What kind of headphones are you using? If you have the ones that came with the phone they will work. If your listening to music and a call goes through the music will stop, and you can push the button to talk to the person.

If they are normal headphones the music will stop, but you obviosly won't be able to talk because of the lack of a microphone.
    im using the ones that came with it. every other phone ive had would ring through the headphones and not externally. hence the big reason for having them in the first place.

but it doesnt seem to be an option for some reason with the blackberry.
    10-23-09 07:55 PM
    I'm using Philips earbuds to listen to music. Incoming calls ring through the phone, but turning on speakerphone will route the sound to the earbuds and receive through the phone.

I was also curious if you could make the ring go to the earphones but I guess that's not an option (in my Curve 8830 at least).
    10-23-09 08:11 PM
    if they don't you're right that is weird. I think all my other phones have directed the ring through the headphone jack.
    10-24-09 02:40 AM
    I have this problem too. Using the headphones that came with the phone, or a pair of Skullcandys that have a mic.

The other notification noises (SMS or Email etc) come through the headphones, but the phone ring always sounds outloud from the phone.

I can't seem to answer a call with the button on the mic either. I can make a call with that button, but not answer.

It's a big pain in the ***, if anyone has any ideas it would sure be appreciated!
    07-21-10 07:12 PM
    I am also having a problem with wired headphones that came with my Bold9000. At first they would allow me to answer a call by clicking on the button and they would ring through the headset. Now they do not ring through the headset and I can not answer a call using the mic that is attached to the head set. Anyone have any suggestions as to what has gotten screwed up?
    10-04-10 12:13 PM
    I am going to try the new premium headphones that I am getting that come with the case and see how they are with my Bold 9650 instead of the older ones that came with the phone.

DJ
    10-04-10 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD