This looks like a solution that is too good to be true. Its a bluetooth speakerphone that clips to the visor of the car AND has an FM transmitter that will transmit the music on the BB to the car speakers. I'm itching to get one; does anyone have any comments on whether it's as good as it sounds?

09-18-08 06:56 AM
    I just got one at Costco yesterday but have not had a chance to try it. The Costco package apparently contains a WALL WART which is not normally part of the package.

Costco has a great return policy so I figured I would test it out.

One odd thing - there seems to be an unidentified push button on the bottom edge where the JABRA is written????

Will try to report back later....
    09-18-08 08:41 AM
    Played with the SP700 some yesterday. First, just in the office with my secretary. It was okay sound-wise but according to her, not outstanding. Using the 8830's Voice-dial was just as "troublesome" as using the phone directly. It could not always recognize the name I was trying to find. And the replies from the phone/speakerphone were not always clear so I could not tell if it identified the correct person.

Later in the car I tried one call - was on for about 19 minutes and it was fairly comfortable carrying on a two-way conversation. My friend's reaction was - "well, it is not that bad" but then just went on talking and replying without much problem or complaint.

I am disappointed that it uses yet another usb plug on the device end - it is a flatter plug and not the standard used by the BB's or my other devices.

At the moment, I will keep it and try it some more....
    09-19-08 12:49 PM
    I've been using it extensively in my Toyota Tundra. It works great. Very good sound quality from the FM Transmitter, but this depends on you finding a truly clear station. The first one the auto-scan finds may not be the best. I've also been using it with the speaker and everyone is very impressed. Two other folks have bought one after using mine.

One a side note, my wife stole it to use with her iphone, but now I saw that Blackberry came out with the Visor at CES. It sounds just like a Jambra SP700, so I'm wondering what the "inovation" was on behalf of Blackberry.
    01-12-09 10:28 AM
    Has anyone with a BB Bold been successful in syncing it? I get to the step of searching for bluetooth devices and it doesn't find the Jabra, so I can't get past this step. Anyone had a problem? Thanks, Vt Nole
    02-04-10 09:24 PM
    i don't recall but I think you need to put the jabra in pairing mode as well as allowing your BB to be discoverable (bluetooth settings). I am out of town but their manual was online as I recall.
    02-05-10 09:44 AM
    Thanks a lot for the assist. Crackberry Genius. I'll try it and see if you are or not. Really, Thanks
    02-06-10 09:29 PM
    I have had the SP700 for a while, and love it. I don't use it a lot for calls, but I use the FM transmitter to play Pandora radio over my car audio system...that alone is worth the price. I'm on the verge if ditching XM radio. ;-)
    02-11-10 07:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD