03-02-10 06:18 PM
64 123
tools
    geez...

I gotta gain some more weight. With all the stuff on there, I don't have the real estate to put a phone on the belt.

Have any of you thought about talking to someone that does Kydex? I don't think it blends well with basketweave, but I see a lot of people with kydex hanging off their rigs...

-Shawn
    04-19-09 11:13 PM
    Yeah, I just lost a lil weight because my garrison belt was getting too tight, and now, my duty is is too long, haha... went from a 35 to 33...

Myself, I'm using all Safariland STX stuff (which is sorta like Kydex isn't it?) except the belt itself which is leather. STX is like a plastic and unlike leather, decontaminates rather well.

Anyways, now, just as I FINALLY found that killer heavy duty clip for otterbox, I think I'm gonna end up going to a external vest carrier for my ballistic panels. They have the nice ones with a few good pockets like for OC, flashlight, taser etc, which would be best place for the BB. Otterbox or whatever, you tussle w/someone and you're wearing something on a belt clip, the phone's still gonna come flying outta the holster regardless, haha...

Plus, the pockets are getting a few things off your waist. I'm diggin that.
    04-19-09 11:29 PM
    has anyone tried this yet?
    http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberry-protective-holster/4A25A5135.htm

It doesnt seem to look like it would fit on my duty belt...
    04-23-09 10:58 AM
    I doubt it will fit , or I really think they'd make mention of it.

They are keenly aware of the need for 2.25 belt use with LE. Hence making the new holster for them AND making big mention of it in the LE community. They definitely want our business as lotsa LE use BBs in a harsh environment.

this one here looks like a nice heavy and stylish good looking holster for your garrison belt off duty tho. Better than the OEM one for sure.
    04-23-09 11:17 AM
    Sorry I know this thread is old but does anyone know the cheapest place to get the Otterbox case for a Storm?
    07-13-09 02:44 AM
    Welcome to the Blackberry show man...

The Otterbox is the best thing I EVER bought for my Blackberry. I wear it sideways @ 1oclock in front of my CS Holster.

I'd check Ebay first. That's where I get most of my stuff.

I did have to order the new heavy duty belt holster part right from Otterbox. There was an ebay seller selling those too, just not for my 8830.
    07-13-09 07:34 AM
    I'm not sure of the size but Otterbox sells a heavy duty clip. It has a larger fixed clip than the one that comes with it. I know you just bought something but it's something that wasn't mentioned.
    07-13-09 11:04 AM
    texshoemaker.com will make you a holster to match your sam browne.
    07-22-09 09:29 PM
    I'm not sure of the size but Otterbox sells a heavy duty clip. It has a larger fixed clip than the one that comes with it. I know you just bought something but it's something that wasn't mentioned.
    Yeah, that's what I was talking about in my last post. The Heavy Duty Holster. Fits the Otterbox and fits the 2.5" Duty Belt. $14.95 from Otterbox or a lil cheaper if you get one on the bay. Been using mine a few months now and it rocks. VERY durable. I'm sold. I bought a second one at the same time figuring I'd break it, and I don't think I'll be needing the extra any time soon.
    07-22-09 10:53 PM
    Hmmm...Now that would be useful...

Searching now.

So hard to find stuff for phones as we can't have nylon, has to be smooth leather (or maybe a cool rubber) and I like it to look sharp. So, It has to be somewhat matching.

I wish Otterbox would would step up to the LEO/Fire/EMS needs and alter theirs. It's pretty appropriate otherwise.

You guys should look at Quartermaster | Police Equipment, Security Uniforms, Military Supplies I got a basketweave phone holster for my duty belt there rather cheap. My storm is very well protected in it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

08-16-09 04:12 PM
    Hmmm...Now that would be useful...

Searching now.

So hard to find stuff for phones as we can't have nylon, has to be smooth leather (or maybe a cool rubber) and I like it to look sharp. So, It has to be somewhat matching.

I wish Otterbox would would step up to the LEO/Fire/EMS needs and alter theirs. It's pretty appropriate otherwise.

You guys should look at Quartermaster | Police Equipment, Security Uniforms, Military Supplies I got a basketweave phone holster for my duty belt there rather cheap. My storm is very well protected in it.

08-16-09 04:13 PM
    08-16-09 07:04 PM
    I have finally relented in this search of finding something that matches my other leather and also fits the phone correctly. I am just going to by and innocase and stick in my shirt pocket. On my off time I'll use the corresponding holster.
    08-16-09 08:28 PM
    911 gear.com for canadian supply

got mine for duty, works well but velcros around belt.

if someone were to yank on it it would likly rip otherwise good.
    Mine is for BB curve
    03-02-10 06:18 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD