03-02-10 06:18 PM
64 123
tools
    The 12 pair one. The 586

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-08 02:44 PM
    Ahh, cool. Thank you sir.
    09-27-08 02:51 PM
    I have been having the same problem. I am having a hard time finding something that will fit on the belt i wear for my work in the TV/Film biz. I have used the nitize holster with my Ottercase. Works well goofy fit. A local company that caters to the film industry has a PDA pouch that fits a 8800 in a Otter. I have one on order. Their products are very good and fit on a 2" belt with a velcro inner. Great quality and friendly people. I was told that it should fit by measurements, they didn't have any in stock the other day buy she said she would get some made. Authentic Crew Gear Check it out...
    10-22-08 01:03 AM
    Hey, I'm an EMT/ Medic-student on a fairly busy ambulance. I've tried a few random cases for mine, including a 5.11 C4 case (which was great for other stuff, not quite big enough for a crackberry). I personally found my best option was to keep it in my shirt pocket. Less likely to get bounced around, always accessible. BTW, how do the blackberries know when they are "in holster"?
    10-27-08 06:00 AM
    Hey, I'm an EMT/ Medic-student on a fairly busy ambulance. I've tried a few random cases for mine, including a 5.11 C4 case (which was great for other stuff, not quite big enough for a crackberry). I personally found my best option was to keep it in my shirt pocket. Less likely to get bounced around, always accessible. BTW, how do the blackberries know when they are "in holster"?
    I just received my 5.11 C5 case and it is a perfect fit for the Curve. I wear a 1.5 inch duty belt but it would easily fit up to a 3 inch. The only downside is the lack of a magnet, so I have to put the phone in standby manually. But I have been working on a work around for this. On the back of the case there is another loop for a belt to go thru, so I have purchased a cheap slip case off eBay with the magnet, so I plan to cut the magnet out and put it in the C5 case.

5.11 Tactical C5 Case - L (Phone/PDA) - 56030
    Last edited by Smurfy71; 10-28-08 at 10:03 PM. Reason: link added
    10-28-08 09:56 PM
    Hmmm...Now that would be useful...

Searching now.

So hard to find stuff for phones as we can't have nylon, has to be smooth leather (or maybe a cool rubber) and I like it to look sharp. So, It has to be somewhat matching.

I wish Otterbox would would step up to the LEO/Fire/EMS needs and alter theirs. It's pretty appropriate otherwise.
    Have you come closer in your search for a leather or smooth vinyl/rubber protective case for your Blackberry, which will stay on your dog-gone belt? I've picked up my phone from the floorboard (thank goodness) more times than I can count, and accidentally ran over my phone dropped on a car stop (yikes).

I hate to protect a phone's appearance and then lose a nice phone.
    02-10-09 02:37 PM
    Not me... Unfortunately...

Been using a shirt pocket as much as I hate that. When I can sport BDU's I keep it in a side pocket and can't feel it vibrate haha...

I haven't really been looking lately tho, I need to do another scouring of the net.

Be nice if Safariland would make an STX covered one to match my STX holster, mag pouch and spray holder.
    02-10-09 04:55 PM
    Has anyone seen this from Otterbox yet? Otterbox now offers a heavy duty Defender holster. It fits belts up to 2.25 inches. I've been wanting to buy an Otterbox but wanted a holster to put with it on my duty belt. Of course it's on backorder

I'd post you a link but I can't quite yet.
    02-10-09 09:42 PM
    Hard to imagine how much more HEAVIER duty an otterbox can get, haha...

Mainly, I have to have something that won't get ripped/broke off while wrestling with idiots.
    02-10-09 11:27 PM
    Just received a "Ripoffs Clip On Holster for a BB 8800" and it works nice. It's nylon and has magnets to put your BB in sleep mode. It's big enough to fit my Curve with an Innocase.
    02-16-09 05:07 PM
    Just got my heavy duty clip from Otterbox.... and it was as sexy as i hoped... good job to those guys... fit on my 2" perfect... sturdy and secure... a huge thanks to Otter for listening to what we needed... A+++++ to them... if you don't have one, buy one... you wont be disappointed...
    All the best,
    Kieran
    02-22-09 02:30 AM
    im a paramedic, as as such, im forced to zip tie my Blackberry Holder to my duty belt so it doesn't fall off during my duty tours at work.

i'm looking for a soltuion similar to the blackberry top load cases but one with a 2-3" clip. the blackberry clips are like 1.5" and others share similar lengths.
    I would check out Niteize. They make the ballistic nylon cases with clips that go completely around the belt. I have used one for a couple of years with no problems on my duty belt.
    02-22-09 03:13 AM
    I work as a street cop full time. The ideal solution for my 8830 was an Otterbox. I don't use the holster/belt clip just the case. Then stow the case in my uniform's shirt pocket. I highly recommend using an otterbox for first responded duties. Rolling around on the ground with suspects and getting exposed to biohazards there is no substitue for the Otterbox.

I also use my Jawbone II which allows me to leave the phone in my product and not screw around with my phone while driving Code 3 or contacting people.

If you have to mount it on your belt buy an otterbox and a leather or nylon pouch that will accomdate it in the case.
    02-22-09 08:36 PM
    I bought a nylon case with swivel clip and three slots for cash or credit cards right at the ATT store. They also sell them at Lowes or HD also.

It's what I use on duty as a Paramedic.

Jim
    02-22-09 09:43 PM
    Give this a try. I just got some for my Command Staff that are issued Blackberrys. It has a 2 1/4 steel belt clip. Be sure to get size code 30.

Everyone has loved them so far.

Well, I cant post a link because i'm new. Galls has a EZ Adjust Leather Cell Phone Holster. Just search from their home page.
    02-26-09 04:34 PM
    As mentioned earlier:

BlackBerry Cases // OtterBox.com

Great find Spartacus.

Welcome Hans! Off to look at the Galls Holster too. Thans for that info.

John
    02-26-09 04:45 PM
    02-26-09 04:47 PM
    As mentioned earlier:

BlackBerry Cases // OtterBox.com

Great find Spartacus.

Welcome Hans! Off to look at the Galls Holster too. Thans for that info.

John
    the otterbox is a great solution, but wount fit a 2.5" or greater duty belt... if otterbox would measure the average size of duty belts out there, and have some way to accomidate them, i'd be back in a second..
    02-26-09 04:50 PM
    the otterbox is a great solution, but wount fit a 2.5" or greater duty belt... if otterbox would measure the average size of duty belts out there, and have some way to accomidate them, i'd be back in a second..
    Read the link...

They just came out with a 2-3 duty belt heavy duty clip. Just what we need. They're shipping and two guy I know have them and are happy with them.

This heavy duty belt clip was constructed to house the OtterBox for BlackBerry Defender Series™ case. Our customers spoke, and we listened! This belt clip was specifically designed to fit a standard tactical belt with a maximum width of 2.25 inches. Never again will your holster slide off your utility belt! Please note: This heavy duty belt clip was designed to fit the OtterBox for BlackBerry Defender Series case, and will only work with a maximum belt width of 2.25".
    02-26-09 04:53 PM
    Just talked to one of them and yeah, they have 2.25 belts like mine... A 2.5 belt may not fit like he quote says.
    02-26-09 05:05 PM
    SOLD... just ordered it...

and my appologies, i stand corrected...
    02-26-09 05:11 PM
    am using this holster currently, pretty good as the swivel can be rotated
    02-28-09 11:27 PM
    am using this holster currently, pretty good as the swivel can be rotated
    Link would be cool, i looked but lotsa stuff goin on on that site?
    03-01-09 03:06 AM
    I have a pouch from black hawk it has velco loop and velco for back of duty belt.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 09:18 PM
    I'm currently using the 5.11/VTAC Strobe/GPS Pouch

B.
    03-16-09 11:07 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD