I'm not sure if this is the right area or not but I wanted to ask about hard plastic cases. I want to buy a case that is 'Girly' but provides some protection in case I drop my phone as I am a bit of a klutz. I haven't found any cases that fit this description except on ebay. They have a case that snaps together. My questions for anyone who has this kind of case are is it hard to take the case off if you want to? Can it come off but be okay to go back on again. And would this kind of case hurt my phone in anyway? Like could it scratch up the phone because its hard plastic.

Thanks for any feedback. And again I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong section. I didn't see a cases section.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-10 09:02 PM
    Depending on what portion it covers, yes it can scratch the phone up on rhe screen part as that part is smooth so you'd want a screen protector that covers all the way up. I learned that one on my 8310.

As for the snap case part they are really easy to deal with and I never really had to take mine off at all unless I wanted to do a good cleaning or change the screen protector.

05-14-10 09:10 PM
    Thanks for your comment. I do have a screen protector on but I might wait and think about it more before I buy it. I want my phone to look really cute and girly but I don't want to scratch it up.

I would also like it to be as easy as my gel case take off when I have to change screen protector/do a battery pull/or I just get sick of the case

Thank you

05-14-10 09:19 PM
    Mix & Match - Customize Your BlackBerry Bold 9700 Hybrid Tough Case With Multiple Colors by Case-mate

Obv you can make it as girly as you want with the colors.
    Last edited by fire07; 05-14-10 at 09:52 PM.
    05-14-10 09:49 PM
    Oh wow. Do you have this case? Do you know if it is good protection for the phone without scratching?
    05-14-10 10:21 PM
    You do know that in most cases you don't need to take off the case to reset the
    phone. Simply press ALT + RIGHT SHIFT + DELETE at the same time and you're done.
    05-14-10 10:30 PM
    No I know about that. But I was mainly thinking for screen protector replacement or if I get sick of the case and want to change it up. I heard bad things about hard plastic case scratching the phone up or being too hard to take off and they crack. I just wanted something to personalize my phone but not wreck it in the process.
    05-14-10 10:44 PM
    If you buy a $10 case on ebay, you will get a $10 case and it WILL break when you take it off and put it back on a few times. I suggest Case-Mate, Seidio, or Incipio.
    05-14-10 10:57 PM
    I am checking out the casemate site right now. Thanks guys. I didn't know they had these in so many colours. One thing I can't find on their site is if they consider shipping to canada as international shipping. I am assuming they are an american company.
    05-14-10 11:01 PM
    If you buy a $10 case on ebay, you will get a $10 case and it WILL break when you take it off and put it back on a few times. I suggest Case-Mate, Seidio, or Incipio.
    Case mate shipping a bit steep. I will check out the cost to send to Canada with Seidio or Incipio.

Thanks so much for the infomation everyone. This forum and you guys rock!!
    05-14-10 11:21 PM
    I just ordered a case mate case on ebay and shipping was free and it was a few dollars cheaper...search around ebay, you can find some great deals

05-15-10 12:10 AM
    Oh hey that is a good idea too. Thanks Roxy Surf.
    05-15-10 12:52 AM
    Thanks Roxy Surf for the idea but there are no sellers from canada that I can find and shipping is $20 or more for here. Was a thought though. Thanks.
    05-15-10 12:59 AM
    For those who have the case mate hybrid, if I have the rim gel case can I just buy the hard case and have a "hybrid"?
    05-15-10 01:22 AM
    Thanks Roxy Surf for the idea but there are no sellers from canada that I can find and shipping is $20 or more for here. Was a thought though. Thanks.
    05-15-10 01:24 AM
    Cmaeda I don't think so because the inside of the hybrid case isn't gel it's silicone. I think the gel case would be too big to put the hard case on. Also I watched a vid on youtube of them putting the case on the phone and the silicone part is shaped (like dents) for the outer case...they match up to each other. The Gel one wouldn't work with the outer case.
    05-15-10 01:56 AM
    that's not fair! I've ordered lots of cases from japan and shipping was always free...if your up to it, try searching the seller "myaccessoriesnow" on ebay, it says free shipping and shipping worldwide, (doesn't mean worldwide is free) but its worth a shot...I also tried searching on the Canadian ebay from my bb but my phone starting acting goofy and not clicking links lol...good luck with your search

05-15-10 02:17 AM
    degasis.net...epik resin cases are the best
    05-15-10 04:47 AM
    Case-mate is totally worth it. I have it and love it. So many times I dropped it and its still in great shape and scratchless. Even when I accidentally dropped it, my blackberry never falls out of case compared to other cases that do. You say you want it girly, case mate have different colors of silicon such as hot pink, light pink, and purple.

05-15-10 05:31 AM
    i have a girly hard case ,2 matter fact,both apllied easily .i have absolutely no scratches on my 9700.i baby my phones.i also use a screen protector .i have dropped my phone several times .protects it well.my phone is like new i have had it since 11/09.
    05-15-10 05:06 PM
    Hey Roxy Surf I checked out myaccessoriesnow and they still charge $20 for delivery to Canada. Thanks though

Sieuboon I have a purple resin case from Bell that I bought on it now. I guess it makes it girly...just was looking for something a bit more girly hehhe.

Thanks everyone for the ideas. I might just wait and see if anything new comes out closer to home to make it a bit cheaper.

Cheers
    05-15-10 07:07 PM
    degasis.net...epik resin cases are the best
    I agree epik resin cases are the best...They don't stretch or collect lint like silicone or scratch when your phone vibrates or break like hard cases do when u try to take them off or drop them, there easy to clean and take off, absorb a lot of impact when dropped and have the right grip not to sicky or slippery... An on degasis.net they're like $5.99 come in a few decent colors an patterns... I recommend and have it on all my blackberries...

05-16-10 01:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD