I currently use a silicon skin for my BB. But I was interested in switching to the hard cases (the ones where the front and back click together). The reason for this is that fuzzes constantly get stuck to the silicon skin. It drives me crazy. So I was wondering how the hard cases hold up. If any kind of fuzzes or anything gets in the small areas easily. How has your experience been with it?
    Last edited by Miss.Horrible; 06-23-08 at 03:01 PM.
    06-23-08 02:59 PM
    yeah i was looking into this too

my only problem with it is that its expensive lol way more than id wanna pay for a case.....

i think the hard one would hold up better because there securily shut together and it provides more protection around the front and would absorb more of the shock were it dropped

i dunno...it might a really good investment

your talking about this one correct....Blackberry Source.com - Rubberized BlackBerry Curve 8330 Case (Black)
    Last edited by jamiegroh; 06-23-08 at 03:05 PM.
    06-23-08 03:02 PM
    Actually no. But that one looks interesting too. Probably would absorb more shock, as you said, then the one I'm refering to.

I'm talking about the plastic cases.
    06-23-08 03:27 PM
    ooh those hard cases look nice.. it would be sweet if they had some in pink!! which ones are you talking about Miss? can you post a link?
    06-23-08 03:33 PM
    I belive you are looking for a case like the Seidio Super Slim Crystal Case ( I would post a link but I dont have enogh posts yet ) I have been looking for a while now and this seems to be the best. I'm hesitant on buying it because someone commented that it kinda gets in the way of the keys on the left and right side. I'm waiting on other peoples oppinions, but other than that its pretty good.
    06-27-08 11:35 AM
    I'm using one of those clear hard cases now. I like them - they don't add all that much bulk, you can see the entire phone in all it's original glory, and they give the BB a more solid feel.

They only downside of it is dust tends to get trapped on the edges and being clear, you can see that too. A little bit of canned air will get rid of most of it, and you can always open up the case to get to things that it misses.
    06-27-08 11:40 AM
    don't get the speck one. I unfortunately bought it, and just realized it's been sort of etching tiny grooves into my screen. There are tiny marks just above the buttons that are left/right of the trackball. It isn't actually on the screen, but it's where the screen changes to a metallic border. Sucks just realized it a few minutes ago. Guess i'll use the case it came with for now
    06-28-08 05:40 PM
    I really like the Seidio offerings but I'd recommend getting a spare because once it does take a fall or two it'll likely be warped or not close quite perfectly. That is if you're really anal like me.
    06-28-08 05:45 PM
    I have the clear case from Speck . Have been using one for months and it has caused ZERO damage to my BB. But then again, I'm not really all that anal about a phone.

If you do decide to go with Speck, go to a T-mobile retail store.
    They are $9.99 as opposed to the $24.95 on the website.

Also there is a thread here on a Speck half price promotion, I just can't remember where it is. But the store will still be cheaper.
    06-28-08 05:48 PM
    i think i'm going to go pick up that speck case - it looks great and i'm happy that it protects the screen. it doesnt seem too bulky either. thanks!
    06-29-08 03:27 AM
    Check on ebay for good price.
    06-29-08 03:59 PM
    i saw the speck thing in store today...i dont think i would like it though because its slick and i would probably drop it more....i like having the rubber effect...im still thinking of getting the one i posted above....i liked the hard case i looked at today but id like to have the hard rubberized one thats better for grip
    06-29-08 04:11 PM
    just out of curiosity jamie, how much was it in the actual store? Just wondering if the online price is any different
    06-29-08 08:57 PM
    The Seidio hard cases are pretty tough. After a good drop, no damage and the case stayed together. The BSE helped out as well. I did notice when I took the case apart that it has pressed a groove on my screen protector, but I doubt any damage to the screen has happened.
    07-01-08 01:43 AM
    I currently use a silicon skin for my BB. But I was interested in switching to the hard cases (the ones where the front and back click together). The reason for this is that fuzzes constantly get stuck to the silicon skin. It drives me crazy. So I was wondering how the hard cases hold up. If any kind of fuzzes or anything gets in the small areas easily. How has your experience been with it?
    I didn't like the one I bought (from a T-mobile store) when I had my 8320. They don't really act as a shock absorber like the leather or the Hard Rubber does and mine showed little scratch marks (which is my own little peeve) and just looked junky in a month. At least the skins can be washed and with cold water shrunk when they stretch out but I still like the leather when it comes to wear and looks and functionality. I just got the Smartphone Experts CombiFlip Case for BlackBerry Curve 8330 in Cream Brandy for 24.95 at the CB store and I love it and have gotten so many compliments (which surprised me a little). It also has a pocket which holds a credit card, etc. I just ordered the clear skin for the whole BB that you apply kind of like window tint I guess, which I hope will work with the case so I can have it naked when I am home. This is my preferred way to use my curve but I want to keep it shiny. I got these (a package of 2) from BodyGuardz - Scratch-Proof Transparent Protective Skins for Mobile Devices for $24.95 (they have free shipping)
    Hope this helps...
    07-02-08 01:01 PM
    Seidio Hard Rubber cases... I hear they do wonders!
    07-02-08 01:02 PM
    Hey YaYa.. I was wondering if you could send a pic of your combiflip case? it seems really cute, but I wanted to see what it looks like when the flip part is open! I'd really appreciate it!
    07-02-08 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD