Looking for a hard case for the 8350 and am having a little difficulty finding one... I know the phone dimensions are different from the 8330, but I don't know if anyone has bought one for the 8330 and made it fit? I upgraded from an i580, so I am used to a phone that could take some abuse, and the new Blackberry's battery cover is already getting scuffed up... Any help or success stories of making one fit are appreciated...
    01-19-09 02:06 AM
    From what I hear, we all are gonna have to wait, how long? I don't know...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 03:43 AM
    Some hard snap-on cases are available on ebay. I ordered a rubberized black snap-on with clip (gotta have the belt clip, as I need easy access to the phone at work) I will post after receiving and trying.
    01-19-09 06:24 AM
    The vendors I have talked to are waiting for it to be available in stores (so they can purchase w/o contract). And from then it will be a few weeks to design and tweek. This includes cases, themes, and accessories. I remember reading somewhere that this was the first time in a while that sprint has made a phone available thru net and phone sales before making it readily available in stores. This is why the techs in sprint stores go gaga when they see your phone. They haven't yet been able to get their hands on one. HTH

01-19-09 06:57 AM
    I was in the mall at the sprint nextel booth and they had a very nice hard case which splits in the middle and has the locking swivel clip. It was made by body glove and was 24.95. They had 1 left in black which they used as a demo. It fit very well so I ordered one. Check out body glove for the 8350i.
    01-19-09 08:16 AM
    Otterbox.com . They Say It Will Be Available End Of Month. Magnet Was Put In Wrong Place. For Now I Just Use A Skin With A Leather Case Till It Comes In.
    01-19-09 11:35 AM
    Scratches...blah

01-19-09 04:09 PM
    I own an otterbox for the 8350i and the case is well built and protects pretty good. The only drawback is echo for whoever is on the other end of the call. Its due to the design of the case transmitting the sound of the speaker being picked up by the mic. If anyone finds a case with the same amount of protection... Without echo. Post up!

01-19-09 08:34 PM
    Check out this thread. http://forums.crackberry.com/f77/ott...olster-119700/

Hopefully those Otterboxes will be ready soon, my bb is getting scratched up.
    01-19-09 08:48 PM
    seidio plans to release rubberized hard case (innocase) tomorrow (1/21). The combo of case and matching holster will be released at the same time.

Seidio
    01-20-09 10:35 PM
    seidio plans to release rubberized hard case (innocase) tomorrow (1/21). The combo of case and matching holster will be released at the same time.

Seidio
    Would you happen to have a link?
    01-21-09 01:42 AM
    New otterbox case is available for 8350i as of yesterday. I ordered mine and got a shipment confirmation today. Go to Otterbox.com- it is $49.95.
    01-22-09 06:51 PM
    I ordered and use the OEM case for the 8330. It's a little bit tight, but still works fine. I'm very happy with it.

When I first received the case I stuck my giant BB 7520 phone in there to stretch it out a little. I only did this over one night. The phone slips in and out of the holster very easy. For me, this is leaps and bounds above the OEM clip style holster that comes with the 8350i.
    01-22-09 08:03 PM
    I had an 8330 before going back to Nextel and getting the 8350i. I hated the belt clip that came with the phone. I got a leather OEM BB case off Ebay for the 8330 for $4. I took an Advil bottle and jammed it in...used my wife's hairdryer on it and stretched it a bit. It works perfectly...and shuts it off automatically...which is huge. The phone is only 1mmx2mm larger than the 8330. Just an option!
    01-22-09 08:10 PM
    Scratches...blah
    Hehe You should see mine. The battery door is already
    Aquiring the sanded look! I install flooring so it gets rubbed
    On stuff a lot.

01-26-09 10:45 PM
    got the new otterbox today, and, just like I expected, it is great. It fits perfectly, and while the phone is a handful init, it is just what I needed to protect the phone.
    01-28-09 10:33 AM
    got the new otterbox today, and, just like I expected, it is great. It fits perfectly, and while the phone is a handful init, it is just what I needed to protect the phone.
    Does this case add a lot of bulk to the 8350i?
    01-28-09 10:42 AM
    The otter case is well build, looks strong and fits well. BUT once it is on you can't use the phone any longer because it sounds like your heads in the toilet. I'm sending it back and in search for another case like this. There customer support was very helpful and are taking the product back no questions asked, I would do business with them again.
    01-28-09 12:12 PM
    To everyone that has or is planning to order an otterbox. I ordered one of these units the day i got my blackberry, so i was sent one of the defective ones before otterbox knew of the problem. I received my replacement today, however, they did nothing to address the echo problem. Otterbox customer service has been excellent, but the echo problem with this case is horrible. You have to pull one of the guards out every time you talk to someone just so they can have a conversation with you. The case looks tough and protects well, but if they can't get this issue fixed, i may be sending the otterbox back.
    01-28-09 12:45 PM
    Seidio, when will your case for the 8350i be available?
    01-28-09 12:50 PM
    Is the Otterbox something that you put on and leave on ? Or is it just a case which goes on/off whenever. I've read the reviews,etc but I'm not sure on this point.
    01-28-09 01:05 PM
    Otterbox is a put on and leave on hard case with a rubber "skin." It also comes with the holster that fits the new case. My blackberry actually measures 4 5/8" x 2 3/4" with the otterbox case on - quite a bit larger than a naked bb, but I like the bigger feel being used to the 7100. Also a note to my post above - Natasha from Otterbox, who has been awesome to work with, informed me that the only fix to the echo problem is to turn the phone volume down a little under half. This seems to work for me, but if you need to have the volume cranked all the way up, it may not be the best option for you.
    01-28-09 04:08 PM
    I haven't experienced any audio problems with mine, but I primarily use it with a bluetooth of one sort or another, depending where I am. It works fine w. b/t. YMMV
    01-28-09 05:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD