I am notorious for beating up my phones... whether it be from dropping them or just from being in my pocket. I've decided that its time to get a case for my BB before I have a chance to destroy it.

Which is better; the form fitting soft cases or the hard cases? Is there anything out there to help protect the screen?
    07-09-08 05:12 PM
    It really is all about personal preference.

I have an Otterbox, Noreve Flip Case and still use the OEM Case at times.

There's also many screen protectors out there.

Stay tuned. I firmly believe you'll get a lot of suggestions.
    07-09-08 05:18 PM
    i wanna know too. i have the habit of buying the first one i see. so i wanna know which is the best so i don't waste money
    07-09-08 05:21 PM
    i wanna know too. i have the habit of buying the first one i see. so i wanna know which is the best so i don't waste money
    hahah i am the exact same way. First one i see thats it. no research involved.
    07-09-08 05:23 PM
    Hey guys, one of the main things to take into consideration here is how you carry your bb. When i first bought my 8320 i bought the rubber skin for it. But i found that it was kinda hard to put in and take out of my pocket. I always keep it in my pocket, so what i did was bought an Invisible shield for just the screen of my curve. Then i bought the Seidio burgandy, and blue rubberized hard case. They look very slick, they dont add much bulk to your phone and they are very durable.Ive dropped mine a few times already.

SUPER SLIM RUBBERIZED HARD CASE-BLACKBERRY 8300/8310/8320 CURVE - *CSR2YBB8300-BK
    07-09-08 05:25 PM
    did you get it from the cb store or tmo?
    07-09-08 05:33 PM
    I use a Sedio clear case, an InvisiSheild screen protector and a T-Mo leather case with sleep magnet and yes, my BB with the Sedio fits inside the T-Mo case. Now I do not have to worry about dropping or scratching it.
    07-09-08 06:07 PM
    there are some nice hard cases at casemate.com. check it out and see what you think.
    07-09-08 06:07 PM
    I vote I-Shield and a case......the shield will keep scratches off of it when pocketed and the case will offer better protection when you are playing catch with it..........
    07-09-08 06:13 PM
    I like the bb leather holster, I am not that concerned because it seems you can buy all the external parts to replace everything that could get scratched. I ran my truck over my 8700 while it was in the case, it was fine amazingly enough. I usually managed to keep my bb scratch free for 6-12 months then use wear and tear as an excuse to get a new phone. however with the bold comming, I will never make it 12 months.
    07-09-08 06:16 PM
    Thanks for the input everyone...
    I think I'm gonna go for the Seido Hybrid case and some SmartPhone screen protectors... both are on CB for those interested.
    07-09-08 06:37 PM
    are there any cases available at AT&T stores that are worth my time? i hate having to wait. i'm impatient
    07-09-08 06:40 PM
    I love my seidio hard case! Its protected it quite nicely; I've dopped my poor baby more than 3 times already...
    I'm waiting on the BSE so that should add a bit more protection (to my screen @ least)...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-08 06:44 PM
    are there any cases available at AT&T stores that are worth my time? i hate having to wait. i'm impatient

I am just on the OEM black BB leather case with the belt clip.......for my needs it does the job well.......I think it was about 25 bucks..........

I have NEVER used the slip case.........so I dunno there
    07-09-08 06:55 PM
    softcases for me.
    Last edited by sayno2crack; 07-09-08 at 07:04 PM.
    07-09-08 06:57 PM
    there are some nice hard cases at casemate.com. check it out and see what you think.
    I, too, have the CaseMate case on my Curve. I've been through four cases since puchasing my BB last Nov. The case mate is leather-covered, form fitting, and adds very little bulk to the phone. I'm not a fan of belt clips and prefer to just pocket the phone qand this case has no buttor anything on the back, just nice smooth leather.
    07-09-08 07:12 PM
    I really like the rubber cases I have alwaysed used them :-)

07-10-08 03:27 AM
    On those BB OEM leather cases, which way does the phone go? I can't find the sleep magnet.
    08-21-08 08:00 AM
    mybat hard cases are brilliant dropped my bb loads of times not a dent nor scratch
    09-17-11 05:02 PM
    i think the gel/silicone cases are best. ive had hard cases before & there are so many out there that are not a very good fit, so you have to take the case off to charge - that is just too much hassle!
    09-19-11 09:34 AM
    I prefer soft cases and I use a screen protector

09-22-11 12:46 PM
    I've used a variety of cases and my favourite by far is the BlackBerry soft shell case. It just has durability and flexibility, and it's hard to find both in a case.
    09-22-11 04:50 PM
    I've used a variety of cases and my favourite by far is the BlackBerry soft shell case. It just has durability and flexibility, and it's hard to find both in a case.
    do you find that when you're using the device w/ the soft case that the sides peel back?

or maybe even peel back in general, allowing dust/stuff to get in there?
    09-27-11 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD