I read some posts suggesting that dropping my Tour into a charging dock avoids problems with the USB port. I assume most cases won't work with the dock. I am tempted to get the Otterbox, but have concerns about not being able to use it with the charging docks. Your thoughts would be appreciated.
    08-11-09 10:43 AM
    You would need to use the wall plug or the usb cable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 11:05 AM
    I used a skin on my Curve and then could not easily use the Curve PowerStation which I ended up giving to my MiL who has a Curve.

Now that I have a Bold, I don't have a cover and use a Bold charging pod which is great because it gives the USB port a break from too much usage.

I am also thinking about getting a Case Mate Fuel holster, which is charged separately overnight, charges the Bold during the day making it unnecessary to carry additional batteries.
    08-13-09 03:56 PM
    I am soory. I meant that I had a Seidio hardcase and holster which made using the PS impossible to the increased thickness of the device with the case. The Bold charging pod would not be able to reach the contact points on the bottom corners of the Bold.
    08-13-09 04:01 PM
    i have the seidio hard case and the seidio charging pod. i love it because you can use the pod with the case on, and if you decide to take the case off there is a plastic insert you put into the pod so it works with a "naked" blackberry.
    08-13-09 07:05 PM
    i have the seidio hard case and the seidio charging pod. i love it because you can use the pod with the case on, and if you decide to take the case off there is a plastic insert you put into the pod so it works with a "naked" blackberry.
    Can you give a link to the charging pod?
    08-13-09 08:01 PM
    Sorry, just checked back in. If you haven't found it yet here it is: seidioonline.com
    08-22-09 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD