04-24-09 07:18 PM
99 1234
tools
    Case-Mate Not that sticky gummy rubber but flexible like the rubber cases. Its easy off for reboots Not a hard shell that will un fasten or crack if you drop it. It has a nice texture to it also. The best part of this case is that everything is covered even the keys and the dust crack around the screen. You can also take a razor and cut the keys out of the case if you need/want them lighted. It also comes with a screen protector if you happen to need one.
    What is this case called? I would like to buy it.
    03-28-09 01:10 AM
    Look at the picture of mine in post #1 I don't notice anything unusual.
    The pics are not taken at the angle to notice what I mean. Maybe I'm not describing it right but point is mine doesnt seem "flush" like i would want.
    03-28-09 02:32 AM
    What is this case called? I would like to buy it.
    Go to page one of this thread and click on the link in post #14
    03-28-09 02:45 AM
    I too bought this case but i got it from the soundgear website. It was the same price though. Mine arrived in about 2 days but it didnt have far to travel. The case does protect it well and slide in and out of the pocket easier but it still does attract dirt and dust to it. It's not perfect but deffinetly a better alternitive then the standard silicone case.
    03-28-09 06:22 AM
    I too bought this case but i got it from the soundgear website. It was the same price though. Mine arrived in about 2 days but it didnt have far to travel. The case does protect it well and slide in and out of the pocket easier but it still does attract dirt and dust to it. It's not perfect but deffinetly a better alternitive then the standard silicone case.
    Yes I agree. I have had no dust/dirt issues so far.
    03-28-09 11:13 AM
    Thanks for the review!
    03-28-09 11:14 AM
    I bought it mostly for the price. The damn bb silicon covers you can buy at Best buy cost $20 and they dont have crap for fitting. You would think the BB own product would be molded and have the correct cutouts but nope.
    03-28-09 12:28 PM
    I bought it mostly for the price. The damn bb silicon covers you can buy at Best buy cost $20 and they dont have crap for fitting. You would think the BB own product would be molded and have the correct cutouts but nope.
    Oh this is a much better case than the OEM BB one. Its thicker and covers the phone better.
    03-28-09 12:35 PM
    I know, thats why I bought this from your pics and review. I was just surprised the BB would put their name on a product that was absolute crap.
    03-28-09 12:36 PM
    Has anyone seen any other cases similar to this one? Similar meaning covers the four hard keys at the bottom of screen. I know VZW sells one with a "flower" pattern on the back and it stinks. So any other cases people seen like this with keys covered? Thanks for your help.
    03-28-09 05:45 PM
    Cool post, I was actually considering buying this one, I have the one in my signature and I absolutely love it, but after seeing this one featured elsewhere and your review I'd probably get it as well. This one seems a lot better priced as well.
    03-28-09 07:14 PM
    What didn't you like about the OtterBox?
    03-28-09 07:42 PM
    i have to get one of these quick
    03-28-09 07:44 PM
    I have been using my case more and more and not liking it as much. Their are gaps at the top and bottom of mine at least that just bug me. Also the outside collected a ton of dust. I think I might end up returning the case.

This is with the gap showing, really not that nice when it is in my hands

Here is what I assume it is suppose to look like had to push it down to make it flush
    Last edited by intrloper; 03-28-09 at 11:14 PM.
    03-28-09 10:10 PM
    I have been using my case more and more and not liking it as much. Their are gaps at the top and bottom of mine at least that just bug me. Also the outside collected a ton of dust. I think I might end up returning the case.

This is with the gap showing, really not that nice when it is in my hands

Here is what I assume it is suppose to look like had to push it down to make it flush
    I was just about to buy one till I saw your pix. Not really a fan of that gap.
    03-29-09 12:07 AM
    No gap that would bother me on mine. Fits like a glove.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-29-09 at 12:25 AM.
    03-29-09 12:20 AM
    What didn't you like about the OtterBox?
    To bulky for me.
    03-29-09 12:41 AM
    No gap that would bother me on mine. Fits like a glove.
    The angle still seems like it could still have a gap but not sure. I wish I could find the best case. I have a Innocase 2 and not to happy with it and have a Forte slim case which I love but would like to be able to carry the phone without 2 pieces like(ie. phone and then carrying case)
    03-29-09 01:24 AM
    The angle still seems like it could still have a gap but not sure. I wish I could find the best case. I have a Innocase 2 and not to happy with it and have a Forte slim case which I love but would like to be able to carry the phone without 2 pieces like(ie. phone and then carrying case)
    No gap on mine that I would consider unusual.
    03-29-09 01:26 AM
    maybe i need to exchange it then. I really wanted this case to work also. Kinda bummed
    03-29-09 02:31 AM
    maybe i need to exchange it then. I really wanted this case to work also. Kinda bummed
    Yea I would try a different one. I really like mine.
    03-29-09 02:49 AM
    Too bad it only comes in red, purple, & black. Hopefully it'll be available in more colors soon.

Is anyone else getting tired of buying a 'better' case just to find an even 'better' one the following week?
    03-29-09 12:50 PM
    Absolutely
    03-29-09 12:54 PM
    Too bad it only comes in red, purple, & black. Hopefully it'll be available in more colors soon.

Is anyone else getting tired of buying a 'better' case just to find an even 'better' one the following week?
    I know I have at least a half dozen of them here. This one is good because you can get it off fast to do a battery pull and it would really protect the phone in a drop.
    03-29-09 01:08 PM
    I know I have at least a half dozen of them here. This one is good because you can get it off fast to do a battery pull and it would really protect the phone in a drop.
    I may give this case a try but buying multiple cases sounds like a waste. After you've bought a couple you have spent more than the insurance deductible. There's something to be said for the ultimate sleek look of no case and then getting a totally clean, ding-free refurb when you eventually drop it and it breaks into pieces.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 01:58 PM
99 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD