I am considering buying a desktop charger that also syncs. I found this one by GTMax on Amazon: Amazon.com: GTMax USB Sync Cradle Desktop Charger for RIM Blackberry Bold (Onyx) 9700 GSM Cell Phone: Cell Phones & Service

Has anyone tried this one?

There is also one by Fosman that includes a spot to charge an extra battery - same general design and functions.Amazon.com: Fosmon Premium Quality USB Cradle Desktop Charger Pod for Blackberry 9700 Onyx with Extra Battery Charging Slot: Cell Phones & Service

Both are under $20.

I know there is one by blackberry, but it only charges using the contacts on the bottom of the 9700. Since I use the wired sync (not wireless) I would like a desktop charger that also lets me sync. My understanding is that this means the charger would need to connect via the micro-USB on the left side.

Has anyone had any experience with the desktop chargers I linked? Another one that offers similar functionality (wired sync support)?

Thanks.
    03-09-10 08:30 AM
    I got the top one....they are both the same...just a name on the second one. I have had these for all my BB's. From the 7???, Pearl to 9700. Sits on the desk at the right angle, syncs and charges.

You slide the phone in from right to left, there is a USB plug built into the left side of the cradle. No flopping around or loosing contact like the pod type that do not sync.
    03-09-10 08:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD