Okay, so I've always tried to keep a protective case of some sort or another on my phones, and the Storm's no exception.

But what is it with some cases being designed in such a way that you pretty much have no choice but to *break* them when you need to remove them? Particularly with the Storm's current reboot/crashing issues, where battery pulls are necessary at times...

Anyways, I bought a really sleek-looking plastic case from a local Bell store, one of the ones that snaps on in two halves. Cost me $15, so I'm not exactly breaking the bank here, but it's still a ****-off when the only way to remove the case is by breaking it. I know there's supposed to be a certain way to unhinge the little plastic clips and all, but this case would NOT give at all, and i tried every trick I know to remove it, with no luck -- and believe me, I'm used to dealing with these cases with all the phones I've owned, and I take my time. The best I could manage was to get one corner to pry open slightly, but nothing else, as it was all too tight.

Of course, Bell isn't going to replace the case, because it's now physical damage. OK, I can understand that, same policy applies at every store I've worked at. But why not at least make it so the clips can be removed easier? I even wound up talking to a rep there, who had the same issue.

Grrr. I don't rant much, but this really grinds my gears.

Well, at least I got a screen protector and cleaning cloth in the package...
    01-26-09 12:57 PM
    You should have taken the phome to the store and let the
    techs try and remove it.
    01-26-09 01:36 PM
    Yes, with all the battery pulls and such you have to keep that in mind when buying a case. As of now battery pulls are a way of life for us.
    01-26-09 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD