03-06-11 09:28 AM
29 12
tools
    I know there has been lots of discussion in this forum about Otterbox products. I just thought I would give them kudos for great service. I ordered a Commuter for a 9550 I will get later this week. I ordered it Sunday night and got it today (Wednesday). And there was no charge for shipping. It does not get better than this. Great job Otterbox!!!!!
    12-02-09 07:18 PM
    I know there has been lots of discussion in this forum about Otterbox products. I just thought I would give them kudos for great service. I ordered a Commuter for a 9550 I will get later this week. I ordered it Sunday night and got it today (Wednesday). And there was no charge for shipping. It does not get better than this. Great job Otterbox!!!!!
    Thats cool, I just ordered one from eBay yesterday and it hasnt even shipped as of yet. Still waiting...
    12-02-09 08:00 PM
    Just got my Commuter today. Loving it... my first Otterbox and def not my last!
    12-02-09 10:13 PM
    Just got my defender today and I must say it is the best blackberry case I have ever used. Full protection that is lighter than expected and very functional.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 10:23 PM
    Just got my defender today and I must say it is the best blackberry case I have ever used. Full protection that is lighter than expected and very functional.

The size was what really surprised me. I assume that the commuter is a little slimmer than the defender, but it really is no bigger than the verizon silicone skin.
    12-02-09 10:33 PM

+1 I love this case. It does add a little weight, but overall much more comfortable to hold in my hand, and the protection it provides is second to none.
    12-03-09 09:08 AM
    I have always had great experience with their service. They have a top notch crew. That's for sure.

12-03-09 09:29 AM
    I have the defender also, but I put the case on my duty belt for work and since the holster is a clip in style instead of the sleeve style as the storm 1 was, I keep having to pick my phone up off the ground when it snaps out. I wish the old holster worked with this new defender case.
    12-03-09 02:01 PM

+1 for the Defender. I was hesitant at first because of the size, but to anyone who has doubts, go for it!
    12-03-09 02:06 PM
    I also ordered over the holiday. free ship and got to me Wed. Defender case is so nice. Actually love the size of it. easier for me to type on it and i dont feel like it will slip out of my hand. holster design (altho diff than previous) is freaking strong. tough to snap out of it, but rather that than tough to keep in it. perfect case. (now if i can just get a phone that i don't need to keep shipping back to RIM ugh)
    12-03-09 05:25 PM
    I love my commuter case for my storm 2 and its light which i prefer to and it doens't make the phone look to bulky either.
    12-03-09 07:06 PM
    I also ordered over the holiday. free ship and got to me Wed. Defender case is so nice. Actually love the size of it. easier for me to type on it and i dont feel like it will slip out of my hand. holster design (altho diff than previous) is freaking strong. tough to snap out of it, but rather that than tough to keep in it. perfect case. (now if i can just get a phone that i don't need to keep shipping back to RIM ugh)
    I really need to check out one of the holsters. I just never liked the idea of the storm holsters because I feel that it would be easy to knock the phone out of it.
    12-03-09 08:49 PM
    I second that, Kudo's to Otterbox. I have the Impact series with the self adhering screen protector, beats any other Gel case hands down. Ordered it from Amazon, screen protector was bad, called Otterbox they had one in my mailbox 24 hr's later.
    12-03-09 10:41 PM
    I can't wait to get my Defender for Christmas. My mother in law bought me one but she doesn't know that I know.

Then I just need to wait for the heavy duty holster to come out....
    12-03-09 10:51 PM
    I had the the defender for my storm 2 but sent it back .fit like a glove looked good felt great in the hand,but the bottom bottons wouldn't work.let me hear from you guys about that issues.
    12-04-09 06:16 AM
    Got the Commuter for my Storm 1 off of eBay. Within a couple of days noticed wear on the edges, rubber starting to shine. Contacted Otterbox and sent pics illustrating what I was referencing. Got an email stating the case was being replaced. The same day, my Storm 1, crashed and was replaced with the Storm 2. I re-contacted Otterbox and advised of the change due to the cases being different. Guess what. Got a new Commuter case for the 9550 Storm 2, on the way. FREE! These folks definitely take care of their customers. All hail Otterbox!
    12-04-09 10:46 AM
    I had an issue with my Storm 1 Defender case...one of the tabs were falling off of the silicone. I emailed a picture and asked for a replacement silicone part. They sent me an entire case instead...awesome.

I went with the commuter case this time because the defender was a bit too bulky in my opinion. I wish the commuter had the protection for the camera / lense, but a benefit of the commuter is that since the silicone goes on first and the plastic sort of 'clips' on over it, you can use it along with a ZAGG full-body shield, unlike most other snap-on cases (defender included).
    12-04-09 12:43 PM
    I have the defender also, but I put the case on my duty belt for work and since the holster is a clip in style instead of the sleeve style as the storm 1 was, I keep having to pick my phone up off the ground when it snaps out. I wish the old holster worked with this new defender case.
    Sorry for resurrecting this zombie thread, but I have to agree with this very issue. I have had a second holster break on me. This holster design, though cool, simply doesn't work where it needs to (I.e. Law Enforcement, construction, basically any heavy duty job site). The case is good to go though. Every time my storm in its defender goes flying its protected. I contacted their customer service and they are shipping out a new holster, but I also brought it to their attention that they have what I consider to be a design flaw on their hands.
    02-23-10 08:32 PM
    I agree and had them send me three holsters because of this flaw. My most current one broke as well. I don't want to keep asking for new ones that keep breaking, so I just wrote them off. Lost a faithful customer for now.
    02-23-10 09:00 PM
    They replaced my Defender also, even though I only needed the plastic shell of the case. Mine was cracked in a couple places on the rough texture trim around the screen edge and it was beginning to chip off. Same issue with Storm falling out of the holster when bumped. I like being able to quickly unsnap it from the holster, but they should put some kind of lock on it, so it will stay in the holster. Then beef up the holster hinge point so that won't be the next point of failure.
    02-24-10 09:44 AM
    Their customer service is awesome. I purchased the defender series for my 9550 and after a month the little plastic tab that holds it into the holster snapped off. The case was still usable, but I was afraid it would fall out. I emailed their customer service and within a week had a brand new complete defender case shipped to my door for no cost! this is the 3rd Otterbox product I have owned and now will buy nothing but. BTW the case provides access to all the buttons, and I have no problems with the bottom buttons like someone had mentioned.
    02-24-10 09:50 AM
    Great service and products. I had a issue with the 'impact' case.. Called and told them. They overnight ed me a 'defender' case. Saaaaweeeet!

03-06-10 01:01 AM
    I had a defender and found it a bit too bulky but I've since moved to the commuter and I love it!
    03-06-10 01:25 AM
    I have a Storm 2 with a Commuter case. Really like the case.

The plastic part holds real well but i'm kinda tough on it. It broke in a thin section around the volume button.

They didnt ask how, when, or why. They just asked for my address and sent a replacement.

They have great customer service! (but this is the second replacement)
    02-22-11 01:06 PM
    Want to share my experience, I work in factory and so I need a Otterbox for my 9700. The clear membrane gets dirty quickly, so I've asked on several occasions from Otterbox for a new one, which they send at no cost. Now this most recent time I asked and instead of just receiving the clear membrane, I got a whole new defender case.
    02-28-11 09:49 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD