I know I know....

Seido Hard Case + What screen protector? CB doesn't sell any.

Or am I better off getting an invisible shield style case? I want something that will fit in the pocket, protect the phone/screen, and provide a better grip. Honestly, why are all cell phones pre-lubed from the factory?
    03-08-09 05:36 PM
    Im running with the Black seidio innocase and invisible shield on my screen. I know people are gonna come in here and say "ORANGE PEEL OMG!!!", but that whole thing doesnt make any sense to me. I only see the ripple effect if my backlight is off and i tilt my device at an extreme angle. I actually think it looks kinda cool.

And trust me BSE is not the same as Invisible shield. BSE is harder to clean oil off of, and will actually scratch if something hits it the right way. I have had a Invisible shield on the last 3 cellphones ive owned. Not to mention my Girlfriends sidekick.
    03-08-09 05:39 PM
    I have the same case and shield as shortynot. It doesn't look bad at all. the "ripple" effect doesn't bother me at all.
    03-08-09 11:26 PM
    The invisibleSHIELD is fantastic; it has worked wonderfully on my last 2 phones. It will fulfill all of your requirements: will fit in the pocket, protect the phone/screen, and provide a better grip.
    03-09-09 05:17 AM
    Thanks guys.

I'm going to order the invisibleSheild screen cover and the Seido hard case. Saves me from having to buy a black battery cover that way.
    03-09-09 12:41 PM
    I think BSE and IS are the same.... had BSE on my screen for a long time... and it was scratch resistant!!

Innocase II is the way to go......All the way!!

but any how.... I have ordered the Clarivue protector and going to give it a run to see if it works well.
    03-09-09 12:47 PM
    Yeah, already ordered the InnoCase II from amazon. Will be so happy to cover up the ugly chrome and titanium battery covers!

Checking out screen protectors now. Probably going with the IS since I can order screen protectors for my SLR's and my buddys P&S cameras at a pretty good discount if I do it all @ once.
    03-09-09 04:04 PM
    I love my Seidio Innocase II. And I am currently using a Seidio Ultimate Screen Guard made for the 83xx (I had one left over from my 83xx screen guard 3-pk) until they make one that fits the entire 8900 screen.

I ordered the anti-glare LCD screen guards from Amazon which supposedly fits the entire screen. But the order never arrived even though I was charged immediately. They never responded to my emails and it is now a month later so I had to do a charge back on my card.

Do NOT buy from AccessoryOne or Toter Industries!
    03-09-09 04:05 PM
    Already ordered the Inno Case II from amazon and screen protectors straight from Zagg.
    03-09-09 05:43 PM
    using the innocase II (black) with the clarivue ultra clear screen protector. it covers the entire screen, unlike the seidio screen protector. it also went on easily with no bubbles, etc.
    03-09-09 06:01 PM
    Yeah, already ordered the InnoCase II from amazon. Will be so happy to cover up the ugly chrome and titanium battery covers!

Checking out screen protectors now. Probably going with the IS since I can order screen protectors for my SLR's and my buddys P&S cameras at a pretty good discount if I do it all @ once.
    I hate to break it to you but the innocase does not completely cover the chrome bezel.

I am also now using the clariview screen protector and this thing looks great. Just put it on today. Not sure how it will do over time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ClintRo; 03-09-09 at 09:24 PM.
    03-09-09 09:19 PM
    I hate to break it to you but the innocase does not completely cover the chrome bezel.

I am also now using the clariview screen protector and this thing looks great. Just put it on today. Not sure how it will do over time.

Doesnt completely cover it, but i kinda like the way just a tiny bit shows. Im weird
    03-09-09 10:12 PM
    Yeah we knew that shorynot!!!!

03-09-09 10:51 PM
    Isn't this more of a debate than a debacle?
    03-10-09 12:00 AM
    Isn't this more of a debate than a debacle?
    does that make it a debatacle?

03-10-09 10:17 AM
    I am confused!!
    03-10-09 10:18 AM
    This thread is now becoming a debacle lol
    03-10-09 10:28 AM
    Doh, well maybe I'll have to sand down the chrome and paint it like in that other thread. Yeah, that one.

Until then though I'll wait for these new toys to arrive and will report back with what I think.
    03-10-09 10:44 AM
    Got a Clarivue Ultra-Clear screen protector and love it... use it with the OEM pouch that came with the 8900. Also ordered the OEM cover but hate it... it makes my 8900 look ugly and to me it feels more slippery than just having the 8900 bare.
    03-10-09 01:36 PM
    I'm getting the Seidio case to REPLACE the holster that the 8900 comes with. I'm getting tired of having to hold the case in my teeth when I try to answer my phone with something in the other hand.
    03-10-09 02:05 PM
    I'm using the Clarivue anti-glare screen protector for my bb 8900 and a Seidio Innocase II. It fits and looks great. This anti-glare screen protector is less prone to smudges. For those of you who have had an iPhone, this anti-glare screen protector is similar to the anti-glare screen protector for the iPhone sold in Apple stores.
    03-10-09 02:09 PM
    I've never been much into protecting a phone every way possible because I never really cared much if i got a scratch on it, but I imagine a BB is a different situation cause of what I've read on these boards

So...is a silicone case good enough? Or just one of those plastic ones you buy at the mall? Or do I need to spend $50 or so on a new case?
    03-10-09 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD