I currently have a 8310...and for protection and carrying purposes I have a 2 case combo. For general protection of the phone itself against cosmetic damage. I am currently using a Speck Hard Case(http://shop.crackberry.com/speck-pro...medium=content). For general carrying purposes I slide my phone into the standard leather sleeper holster (http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content). I just started working at a grocery store as a cashier, yes the many glamorous jobs one has while in college. Anyhow I just remove my phone from my leather holster and slide it into my smock pocket. The speck case protects it very well. Although there is one problem by the end of the day my smock pockets have little dirt and dust particles and the tend to slide up under the cutouts in my speck case which causes me to have to remove the case and give it a good wipe down and the case to. This is becoming a pain and I rather not have particles of dirt coming in contact with my phone on a regular bases. What I am looking for is a pouch of some sort I can slide my phone in that protects it from cosmetic damage as well as from the elements. I am very paranoid about keeping my phone in mint condition. I was looking at the Golla cases....but I dunno...I want to be able to have some protection on the phone itself....so I dunno if it would have enough room if I were to say place a gel skin over it? or maybe even be able to slide it in with the speck case. I am open to changing it all around....but I want protection...especially on my screen....Any recommendations?
    08-20-08 06:15 PM
    91 Views and not one response? that is sad....I know I am not the only one picky about their Blackberry case.
    08-22-08 09:32 PM
    Buy a BSE, that will afford you a great deal of protection from scratches.

Also, next time you need a Speck case go to a T-Mobile retail
    store. They are $9.99 there. (Sorry CB Store). The combination
    of the 2 is what I use on both phones (Pearl clear case is not
    Speck) and I am quite satisfied with the results. Granted, I do not
    obsess over these things.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 08-23-08 at 12:11 AM.
    08-22-08 10:55 PM
    Thats where I bought my speck case...at the T Mobile store...I was amazed.....

Buy a BSE, that will afford you a great deal of protection from scratches.

Also, next time you need a Speck case go to a T-Mobile retail
    store. They are $9.99 there. (Sorry CB Store). The combination
    of the 2 is what I use on both phones (Pearl clear case is not
    Speck) and I quite satisfied with the results. Granted, I do not
    obsess over these things.
    08-22-08 11:21 PM
    You can check out the thread in my signature... Soon (hopefully within the coming week), I'm going to start making customised BB cases for Pearl, Curve and Bold. Here's the link just in case you're on WAP: click.
    08-22-08 11:51 PM
    Thats where I bought my speck case...at the T Mobile store...I was amazed.....
    Gotcha. I saw the link and thought that was where you bought it.

Others also swear by OtterBox, although to me it adds way to much
    bulk and just horrid looking IMO. Great protection though.
    08-23-08 12:17 AM
    Gotcha. I saw the link and thought that was where you bought it.

Others also swear by OtterBox, although to me it adds way to much
    bulk and just horrid looking IMO. Great protection though.
    I couldnt agree more. Otterbox is just huge & hideous to me. I realize its a lot of men who prefer that case; women dont need to overcompensate.
    08-23-08 12:39 AM
    I couldnt agree more. Otterbox is just huge & hideous to me. I realize its a lot of men who prefer that case; women dont need to overcompensate.
    Girl, you know that even ain't right
    08-23-08 12:47 AM
    I have the otterbox case for my 8330. I love it. Yes, it does make the phone a little bigger than it would be otherwise, but I didn't buy it because it was "sexy". I bought a $400 something phone and I don't want to break my shiny new toy.

I am a paramedic and due to the nature of the job, I have a bad habit of destroying phones. I wanted something that would protect my phone from drops and small amounts of accidental moisture.

Also, has anyone noticed, the otterbox doesn't make the curve really any bigger that the 8700 series? Interesting how that size phone was perfectly fine, nay, even "cool" to be seen with just a couple of years ago.

So there ya go. Def not overcompensating. LOL.
    08-26-08 06:32 PM
    @medicevans, I am a Vol FF/EMT and still would not use an Otterbox.

The thing is just plain hideous. Seeing as I never used or seen
    the 8700 I have no idea what the size differential is.

I have destroyed a ton of phones in the last 14 years and just view it as coming with
    the territory and I just don't fret over it.
    08-27-08 04:31 AM
    If you do not know what the 8700 is then in my opinion you need a moto instead of a berry because a true crackberry would know the 8700
    08-27-08 05:54 AM
    If you do not know what the 8700 is then in my opinion you need a moto instead of a berry because a true crackberry would know the 8700
    Thank you for your opinion but it is ultimately worthless. I don't and never will consider myself
    a "true crackberry" and don't really care about the older models.
    I know the models I have and what they can do. That is enough for me.
    08-28-08 01:40 PM
    The otterbox is a great case ans would offer a great deal of protection to my phone...but I am in no need for one. I just want to protect it from the everyday wear and tear such as sliding it and out of pockets in my pants and purses and from the occasional drop that may occur..I am still considering my options. I thank everyone for their input it's greatly appreciated.
    08-29-08 01:03 AM
    Thank you for your opinion but it is ultimately worthless. I don't and never will consider myself
    a "true crackberry" and don't really care about the older models.
    I know the models I have and what they can do. That is enough for me.
    You're a true crackberry. Been here for almost a year and have over 4,000 posts. Definitely a true crackberry, no matter what. Who cares if you don't know what a certain model is. Baw.
    08-30-08 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD