08-20-09 12:00 PM
61 123
tools
    Have you installed the foam circle around the mic hole at the bottom? I have this case and have 0 problems with echo. Is a great case and is my 4th berry to be protected by otterbox!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 06:52 PM
    i just got mine in the mail the other day. put the lil foam ring around the mike hole and havent gotten any complaints of an echo yet
    07-01-09 09:34 PM
    i just got mine in the mail the other day. put the lil foam ring around the mike hole and havent gotten any complaints of an echo yet
    ask your callers... at first i didn't know they were hearing an echo. most callers will think it's a connection thing. luckily one person mentioned it so i started to ask a few callers. more than half heard an echo, sometimes faint or intermittent, but present. i'm calling otterbox tomorrow for a refund and a ups label to return it. it's too bad because besides the echo issue, i love the case.

also, the foam mic ring was installed on my case from the factory.
    07-02-09 04:54 AM
    Otterbox denied they had an echo problem with the Blackberry. They said you could remove the cover over the charging port and that would relieve the problem. They did admit there was an echo problem on the Apple Iphone.
    07-02-09 01:37 PM
    Otterbox denied they had an echo problem with the Blackberry. They said you could remove the cover over the charging port and that would relieve the problem. They did admit there was an echo problem on the Apple Iphone.
    look at your statement. you said that they denied having an issue with the echo, and then they gave you a solution to the problem. LOL, don't you see the contradiction?

also, the customer service rep i talked to confirmed other reports of this echo issue with the 8900. he mentioned removing the cover over the charging port and said that it "may or may not help, but it's worth a shot."
    07-02-09 03:07 PM
    I use an iPhone 3G S and also had the echo. I , too, pulled the mesh membrane over earpiece and also both mic/spkr holes and the echo is 98% gone.
    07-03-09 04:26 PM
    I'm going to pick up my otterbox here in san francisco
    and I'm gonna try out the solutions you guys have.
    I've had the otterbox case for 3 of my other devices
    and this will be my 4th one.

I just love how it protects all my devices and I
    don't mind the added bulk.

07-04-09 07:03 PM
    People just started telling me that they can hear themselves as well.Goes away as soon as I take the case off.
    08-17-09 02:36 PM
    Ordered one of these for twenty bucks on ebay , not so excited after reading the "echo" comments..i wonder if they will still refund me if I didn't purchase from them directly? Has anyone tried lowering the call volume to reduce echo?

Last edited by BerryAbusive; 08-17-09 at 08:41 PM.
    08-17-09 08:19 PM
    A friend of mine has one of these. Way too bulky for me. But, he's a fireman, and I can see why he would have one.
    08-17-09 10:25 PM
    Got my otterbox today, there IS an echo for your callers, however, if you lower the call volume a bit, it disappears.
    08-20-09 12:00 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD