08-20-09 12:00 PM
61 123
tools
    im seriously debating getting one... but just curious to see a direct side by side shot to see how much of a difference there is in thickness. is the phone still pocketable? also how bad is the echo ?
    06-15-09 12:57 PM
    The echo is quite bad imo, I had my wife take my phone one day and when i called her it got a little annoying trying to talk and hearing the echo. I took the dust cover off the earpiece and it still didn't help. I do like the case even though it adds some bulk, I may have to give it up though if the echo can't be fixed because people can't hardly talk to me from the echo.
    06-15-09 01:24 PM
    the otterbox is a friggin tank.
    06-15-09 01:25 PM
    Yeah ^^ I agree ^^ ... anyway I see those picture, and it looks more Bada$$! no kidding.
    06-15-09 07:56 PM
    IMHO it takes away of the whole purpose of the 8900 being the lightest and thinnest BB and I agree it does look like a Game boy LMAO

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 08:58 PM
    i got my otterbox and i have no echo issues whatsoever. i don't know what you guys are talking about.

sometimes a wifi call will have echos. maybe you're confusing the issue?
    06-16-09 08:11 PM
    I contacted Otterbox again on how to fix the echo and finally got a reply that they did revise the case to fix the known "echo issue" and that they would be shipping me out a replacement. I am curious to see what revisions they have done to fix this.
    06-17-09 03:06 PM
    I contacted Otterbox again on how to fix the echo and finally got a reply that they did revise the case to fix the known "echo issue" and that they would be shipping me out a replacement. I am curious to see what revisions they have done to fix this.
    Me too.... Post some pictures for us
    06-17-09 03:33 PM
    I just received the reply from them yesterday and not sure how slow they will be about sending out the replacement but I will post some when I get it.
    06-17-09 03:38 PM
    I would appreciate it!!
    06-17-09 03:57 PM
    I just bought an otterbox from the local verizon store. The salesman said he was told that it was a brand new style of otterbox. I have no echo problems and the case itself feels more slim. Most noticeably around the edges when typing in landscape.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 10:49 AM
    i just got this case about 2 weeks ago its great for people who are hard on phones. only reason i got it i do alot of outside work and i would hate to tear up my bb8900. the little plastic peace for some reason on one side has come up and does not stay flush to the keyboard. other that that the bulk is not a issue considering i have huge hands..all in all a great case...
    06-28-09 02:05 PM
    oh yea one more thing it can come as a pain when doing a battery pull...lots of little parts to take off....but still a great case
    06-28-09 02:06 PM
    You can download QuikPull (free) or QuickPull Pro (.99) so you dont have to do a battery pull. Makes it much easier.
    06-28-09 02:38 PM
    i got the echo! a couple of my callers notified me of the issue. otterbox has a replacement arriving here monday. since he told me that there was nothing physically different between my current case and the replacement case, i don't expect the issue to be resolved. i think it's just a poor design flaw. they said "we're still working out the bugs"... i thought to myself, wouldn't you want to work out all the bugs before mass producing them? if the replacement echoes, then i'm getting a refund.
    06-29-09 01:38 AM
    I just recieved my replacement from OtterBox and the echo is still there, I was going to post pictures but there was nothing really different from the first one other then they attached the little foam circle piece onto the case instead of you having to stick it to the phone mic. I contacted OtterBox back and they are sending me another replacement but I am not sure why because it will be the same as the first replacement they sent me.
    06-29-09 03:13 PM
    my first case came with the foam donut attached to the case. i guess i got the "revised" version right off the bat. i just received my replacement case and it is identical to my first case. the customer service rep confirmed that there is no design difference whatsoever between the two cases. the only difference is that they were made in different batches. i'll post results after a day or two of testing. if it still echoes, i'm getting a refund.

honestly, i think they should have done all of their product testing before they went to production with this thing. instead, we are their guinea pigs.
    06-29-09 03:45 PM
    I recently bought an otterbox and love it.
    06-29-09 04:54 PM
    case looks great, but its not my cup of tea. way too bulky, i like my phone naked
    06-29-09 09:15 PM
    cant wait for mine should be here tom... do u have to send back the defective case?
    06-29-09 10:17 PM
    oh also how bad is this "echo"?
    06-29-09 10:19 PM
    Thanks for the info
    06-29-09 10:22 PM
    cant wait for mine should be here tom... do u have to send back the defective case?
    yes. they will email you a return label if you notify them of the problem.
    06-30-09 01:11 AM
    oh also how bad is this "echo"?
    it's very annoying to the person calling you but you will not hear anything. it is intermittent.
    06-30-09 01:12 AM
    Just got my second replacement from OtterBox and same as the first got the "echo". I called them back but this time on my 8900 and they didn't like talking to me because of the echo, the only thing they are willing to do at this point is give me a refund. She said they have to have a certain amount of complaints to come through on the new revised one before they will start working on another solution to fix the echo. To me thats poor customer service, I've never has this problem out of my OtterBox for my 8320, looks like I will go back to my smart skin.
    07-01-09 04:19 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD