12-23-08 11:05 AM
54 123
tools
    BUT, I think I read somewhere that something on this charging pod does light up. Can someone shed some light (love me some puns) on this? Thanks.
    Someone a page back posted the BB logo DOES NOT light up as previous models.
    11-07-08 10:19 AM
    If anyone in the UK is looking to buy one of these rather smart charging pods, don't forget to look on eBay first!

Although most are "Buy it Now", there are a few which aren't, and I was lucky enough to pick one up for just 8.50.

Although it wasn't in a box, the pod itself was shrink wrapped, and then packed in a small 'bubble bag' which was sealed with a label showing an official BlackBerry bar code and part number etc. As the leaflet inside says "Thank you for your purchase of an original BlackBerry accessory", it does appear to be the genuine article!

The seller had 100% feedback, and despatched it immediately.
    Last edited by Montala; 11-07-08 at 11:06 AM. Reason: More aded!
    11-07-08 10:58 AM
    Someone a page back posted the BB logo DOES NOT light up as previous models.
    The logo on the front does not light up. However, there is a narrow bar on the top of the back that lights up white so that you can see where to put the BOLD into the pod in a dark room.

On a side note....I have ordered two of these pods and I can not get either one to charge my BOLD. It seems simple enough to just put the BOLD in the pod but since I've tried 2 different pods (and yes I have the USB charger plugged in LOL) I am either doing something wrong or there is something wrong with the contact points on my BOLD... Any suggestions?????
    11-07-08 04:29 PM
    I got my charging pod yesterday

When my I put my Bold in the pod, it goes into the bedside mode, and
    clock display as it's charging. But the keypad will stay lit

How do I make the keypad dim? Or can I?
    11-07-08 04:55 PM
    got mine yesterday great by on the stand
    11-07-08 05:05 PM
    On a side note....I have ordered two of these pods and I can not get either one to charge my BOLD. It seems simple enough to just put the BOLD in the pod but since I've tried 2 different pods (and yes I have the USB charger plugged in LOL) I am either doing something wrong or there is something wrong with the contact points on my BOLD... Any suggestions?????
    May sound silly but did you make sure you ordered the Bold pods ? I almost made a mistake and ordered a pod for a previous model BB.

cheers.
    11-08-08 01:18 AM
    I've got two currently, one on my desk at work and another on my bedside table - sweet!
    11-08-08 05:27 AM
    May sound silly but did you make sure you ordered the Bold pods ? I almost made a mistake and ordered a pod for a previous model BB.

cheers.
    Yep. They are both for the 9000

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-08 09:25 AM
    I just bought mine OTA from the Bolds browser at Amazon!! I LOVE this device soOo much more than my curve. Bedside mode is a great feature that somebody ar RIM needs a raise over!

11-08-08 10:00 AM
    If you have an Otterbox Defender, would you need to remove all the casing to place it in the dock to charge?
    11-08-08 03:25 PM
  11. A
    If you have an Otterbox Defender, would you need to remove all the casing to place it in the dock to charge?
    Correct. From what I've read only "naked" Bolds fit in the charger. (Have to keep the two contact points clear).

11-08-08 03:54 PM
    Correct. From what I've read only "naked" Bolds fit in the charger. (Have to keep the two contact points clear).
    You are correct...I can confirm that since I have one
    11-08-08 06:01 PM
    Thanks for the answers guys!
    11-08-08 06:17 PM
    Got mine today, and it looks great. The finish matches the outer ring of the Bold...like the others, the only thing I'm slightly unhappy with is the BB logo not lighting up.

Oh well, you can't have everything.
    Last edited by cbs2669; 11-11-08 at 03:45 PM.
    11-11-08 03:41 PM
    think this will be my next purchase
    11-11-08 04:14 PM
    Newegg has em. $13 for the bold and $10 for the Curve. Supposedly OEM stuff. Their shipping is kinda high, but they only have UPS and FEDEX.

Mine are comin today!
    11-11-08 04:23 PM
    i have the sedio case. does anyone know if this will charge my phone with the case on. thanks.
    11-11-08 05:22 PM
    It will not charge with the Seidio case on.
    11-11-08 05:25 PM
    For anyone who is still after one, eBay is certainly worth a look!
    11-12-08 12:53 PM
    I ordered mine of ebay for 16.95 free shippin saturday night hopefully I will be getting it this week..

11-12-08 02:03 PM
    If you want to save money and keep your bold in its case, buy a business card holder for less than $3 at office depot and it will hold it in an upright position on your desk.
    11-12-08 03:02 PM
    i have the sedio case. does anyone know if this will charge my phone with the case on. thanks.
    Seido sells their own. Visually it doesn't look as good and it uses the mini usb too.
    I also have the Seido hardcase / RIM pod dilema. I don't like taking the hardcase off
    everytime to charge the BB. Don't know what to get rid of. Maybe I'll manipulate the hardcase ?!

11-12-08 03:13 PM
    I got mine today - works perfect!!!
    11-13-08 01:11 AM
    i am having this problem as well, i have the charging pod and i love it. but i cant have a case on it while using it...

i was wondering if anyone makes a case thats adaptabale with the charging pod...

IE. such as the iphone seidio cases, when you can remove the bottom piece of the case so you can put it into a cradle.
    12-23-08 07:36 AM
    I need some input please. I've had my cradle for some time now, and sometimes it does not dim when in bedside mode. This is annoying as the clock is quite bright when not dimmed. Does anybody else have this problem? And yes I'm putting it in bedside mode.

12-23-08 08:14 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD