12-23-08 11:05 AM
54 123
tools
    Always liked my pod with my Pearl, but missed it when I got my Bold. All is right now though as I have the bold version.

One unfortunate thing is the BlackBerry logo is not lit any more, but it's great for bedside mode.
    09-29-08 06:57 PM
    09-29-08 07:01 PM
    Just ordered one of these from RIM, and a slim case. Am looking forward to trying out both.

Is it a bit slower to charge, like in the car?
    09-29-08 07:11 PM
    I like the clock that is running while in the charging pod. That would be perfect for the home and the office.
    09-30-08 12:45 PM
    I've received two of those charging pod today as well. FedEx just delivered the pack. One for my desk another for my bedside table. Whoever in design team came up with this bed-side-mood idea deserve big kudos. On a side note, I wish Bolds sitting position on the pod was bit more tight. However, this doesnt mean that this product is bad. This pod is recommended to all Bold owners.
    09-30-08 01:18 PM
    Just ordered one and waiting for it....

One maybe stupid question and when it goes into beside mode in the POD, does the prolonged clock display have an impact on the LCD screen ?
    09-30-08 01:28 PM
    Short answer is NO. If it was plasma screen then there might be a chance to so called “burn-in” problem, but this is LCD. Believe me or not, this is one the features/reason I upgraded from curve to Bold. I absolutely love this device.

Just ordered one and waiting for it....

One maybe stupid question and when it goes into beside mode in the POD, does the prolonged clock display have an impact on the LCD screen ?
    09-30-08 01:59 PM
    Thx for that lesson ... I just heard stories which are maybe false.

This Bold rocks !
    09-30-08 03:03 PM
    can you guys post what this bedside mode is exactly. I heard about it, but is it in the OS or is it in the bold firmware itself...

I would love for this to be on the curve. Beside mode would make my wife so happy....
    09-30-08 03:08 PM
    my charging pod is on it's way
    09-30-08 03:23 PM
    Going to order one now. Thanks for the info.
    09-30-08 03:30 PM
    ok, probably a stupid question, but...when i put my phone in the pod and it goes to bedside mode, the face dims after a while. i have dim screen set to 'no'. is there some other setting i missed?
    10-02-08 06:56 PM
    I'm not sure, but I think bedside modes means that it dims. That's why it's bedside. If you want it bright, you can not use bedside mode but set the berry to go to the clock when it's charging. I think it will stay bright. But I think also the keypad will stay lit.

I like how dim it goes.

My pod arrived today. LOVE it.
    10-02-08 07:01 PM
    ok, thanks! i liked how bedside stopped the led from flashing, it's kinda distracting while i'm trying to sleep! i guess i'll just have to put up with it so i can see what time it is.
    10-02-08 07:23 PM
    Actually, I have the LED still flashing in bedside mode. That's my preference. But you can set it either way.
    10-02-08 07:31 PM
    Going to order one now. Thanks for the info.
    Consider buying off ebay instead of rim. I had mine delivered for $22.95 before RIM even listed them as available.
    10-02-08 09:59 PM
    I was reading at BBForums that Expansys got into some trouble with RIM for selling BB Bold accessories before it was launched in the US, why that would be a problem is RIM's issue not mine. They now have a complete list available, as a good reference but I am sure the Crackberry store will have some goodies too.
    10-03-08 05:18 AM
    Ok, help me out here. I think this charging pod is really cool, but how does it charge the phone? Charging the phone can be done by the bottom of the device?

I thought you can only charge the phone via the mini USB connection?

TIA, Derek
    11-04-08 06:01 PM
    Consider buying off ebay instead of rim. I had mine delivered for $22.95 before RIM even listed them as available.
    Not to mention Amazon. Got mine for $13 and some change.
    11-04-08 06:03 PM
    Ok, help me out here. I think this charging pod is really cool, but how does it charge the phone? Charging the phone can be done by the bottom of the device?

I thought you can only charge the phone via the mini USB connection?

TIA, Derek

The Bold will sit inside the pod and the charging contacts will hit the sides of the Bold to charge it. If you get the charging pod, get an extra adaptor, as the pod doesn't come with one.
    11-04-08 06:05 PM
    The Bold will sit inside the pod and the charging contacts will hit the sides of the Bold to charge it. If you get the charging pod, get an extra adaptor, as the pod doesn't come with one.
    Ok thanks for the explination! So I guess it doesn't work when you have a hard case on the phone..
    11-04-08 07:05 PM
    thats where i got mine for 14.00 shipped ,came in oem box and all!
    11-04-08 08:46 PM
    Ok thanks for the explination! So I guess it doesn't work when you have a hard case on the phone..
    No, you have to have it "naked".
    11-05-08 04:02 AM
    Always liked my pod with my Pearl, but missed it when I got my Bold. All is right now though as I have the bold version.

One unfortunate thing is the BlackBerry logo is not lit any more, but it's great for bedside mode.
    I was just wondering about the BlackBerry logo lighting up as in previous models as I intend to use this at bedside with the flip clock (like the first clock I had in my room growing up). I am so glad I found something using the search feature so all of the old heads on here will not have to [female dog] me out over posting a question.
    11-06-08 10:33 PM
    BUT, I think I read somewhere that something on this charging pod does light up. Can someone shed some light (love me some puns) on this? Thanks.
    11-06-08 11:02 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD