05-03-09 02:43 PM
34 12
tools
    Gotta say I love it so far.

-Looks awesome. The finish is amazing and doesn't attract fingerprints/dirt.
    -Great build quality.
    -It fits so snugly that there is no way this thing will fall out.
    -Not the type of case I have to open/close or remove the phone from to use anything.
    -Comes with a screen protector. It's a good screen protector also.

About the only cons I can think of are pretty minor for me:
    -You probably need fingernails in order to open the memory card door.
    -It's a bit thicker than the hard, snap cases.

04-30-09 11:10 PM
    Looks good papped! Thanks for the review and pictures.

Chris
    04-30-09 11:13 PM
    I guess one obvious con is that if you want to remove the phone from the case often, it's not terribly easy because this case isn't really meant to be removed often.

It slides out the top, but it's got a friggin death grip on the phone.
    04-30-09 11:16 PM
    I guess one obvious con is that if you want to remove the phone from the case often, it's not terribly easy because this case isn't really meant to be removed often.

It slides out the top, but it's got a friggin death grip on the phone.
    Haha, nice. I have the casemate smartskin which I'm constantly taking on and off since I like to use the OEM holster and usually only charge my Bold with the charging pod or the power station. I bought a crystal seidio innocase, but it's just sitting in my junk drawer with my 2nd brand new OEM battery, lol.

Chris
    04-30-09 11:24 PM
    Yeah I had a seidio crystal clear case on my Treo 755p that I wasn't terribly impressed with..

Still have the white OEM pouch I need to sell now also (works great, just don't need it because I use this case).

On a side note, I think I'm officially done with adhesive screen protectors after this. They just don't look as good and are much more annoying to deal with... The only exception is if the screen is curved, then hard protectors can be problematic.
    Last edited by papped; 04-30-09 at 11:34 PM.
    04-30-09 11:27 PM
    Yeah I had a seidio crystal clear case on my Treo 755p that I wasn't terribly impressed with..

Still have the white OEM pouch I need to sell now also (works great, just don't need it because I use this case).

On a side note, I think I'm officially done with adhesive screen protectors after this. They just don't look as good and are much more annoying to deal with... The only exception is if the screen is curved, then hard protectors can be problematic.
    Yea. I should try selling the case which I used for two hours and the OEM battery which I never even opened.

Chris
    04-30-09 11:37 PM
    Yea. I should try selling the case which I used for two hours and the OEM battery which I never even opened.

Chris
    let me know on that clear case man, i've been looking to get one. i've got a black one that i just got. its my 3rd! they keep cracking for some reason, but seidio keeps giving me replacements so its all good i guess.

that carbon fiber case looks good. i thought about the case mate, but the thickness is the only thing that had me wondering...
    05-01-09 12:13 AM
    let me know on that clear case man, i've been looking to get one. i've got a black one that i just got. its my 3rd! they keep cracking for some reason, but seidio keeps giving me replacements so its all good i guess.

that carbon fiber case looks good. i thought about the case mate, but the thickness is the only thing that had me wondering...
    You pay for the shipping and it's yours. The casemate smartskin is great. Feels really nice in my hands. The keypad cover is nice and types well. Just have to get used to the recessed trackball, which doesn't take that long. Only issue is that it doesn't fit int he OEM holster.

Chris
    05-01-09 12:43 AM
    You pay for the shipping and it's yours. The casemate smartskin is great. Feels really nice in my hands. The keypad cover is nice and types well. Just have to get used to the recessed trackball, which doesn't take that long. Only issue is that it doesn't fit int he OEM holster.

Chris
    that my friend is a deal! i'll pm you here in a sec!
    05-01-09 12:44 AM
    Nice case, it's funny though that the first thing i noticed about the pic was that your track ball was blue and number keys were red. I got to get it together.
    05-01-09 12:52 AM
    That's lookin nice mate. Good job

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 03:55 AM
    What theme you running papped? My daughter loves that!

05-01-09 07:05 AM
    That looks pretty sweet, papped. I'm generally not a big fan of textured (patterned) leather products, but that looks nice. I've been quietly researching getting a case (just using a body skin and the original holster right now), and this just made it onto my list.
    05-01-09 07:23 AM
    What theme you running papped? My daughter loves that!

It's on my site.
    05-01-09 12:51 PM
    Hey Papped nice looking case...i take it that it wont fit into the charging pod with that case on??
    05-01-09 12:57 PM
    Hey Papped nice looking case...i take it that it wont fit into the charging pod with that case on??
    Definitely not
    05-01-09 01:05 PM
    Definitely not
    Ahh thats a shame...thanks buddy.
    05-01-09 01:10 PM
    Papped that's cas is smoking hot. I now want one just not sure if I will because I love my holster but it is a big chance I will.

05-01-09 01:34 PM
    Papped that's cas is smoking hot. I now want one just not sure if I will because I love my holster but it is a big chance I will.

I think they have a holster combo as well, granted you'd have to buy a new one.
    05-01-09 02:29 PM
    Paid $35 on ebay shipped btw, versus the $45 pre shipping+tax on their site.
    05-01-09 02:32 PM
    That's a good looking case Papped. Thanks for the reviews.
    05-01-09 02:32 PM
    I sent mine back because right out of the box the case was split on the right side. The case (top & bottom) is simply glued together, and since the bold fits so tight in there my feeling is they will eventually all split.

05-02-09 08:52 AM
    i think it is actually quite fugly. adds way to much size to the phone, and I'll bet the sides of the case interfere with typing on the edges of the keyboard
    05-02-09 11:34 AM
    i think it is actually quite fugly. adds way to much size to the phone, and I'll bet the sides of the case interfere with typing on the edges of the keyboard
    Slightly. Took a day to get used to it (you just press the keys a bit differently)

05-02-09 02:05 PM
    It looks very thick.
    05-02-09 05:12 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD