I was reading the instructions...planning to do it after I had a shower or while dh was taking his...and then I saw don't use device for 24 hrs! For real?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 07:00 AM
    It's to help make sure any moisture used during the installation has time to dry before you start the electronics, and to give the adhesive time to fully adhere.

If you use the "apply and dry" technique of gently drying the skin with a blow drier on low for several minutes after application (search BSE and blow drier for instructions), most users have found that there's no need to let it sit for 24 hours before re-inserting the battery.
    05-21-09 04:27 PM
    It's probably too late for this post, but here are my 2 cents based on my own BSE :-)

You can use it, but be really careful for that time frame. I set mine aside for a few hours before I used it, and then was really careful with it until the next day. I used my headset for phonecalls so that I didn't have to touch the screen. It takes about 24 hours for the shield to fully settle on your BB, so if you poke around with it too much, you might mess up the shield.
    05-21-09 04:29 PM
    I did mine in the evening, a couple of hours before I went to bed. Then I was able to leave it overnight. Both times I used it first thing in the morning with no problems.
    05-22-09 04:56 PM
    If you know what you're doing you don't have to wait nearly as long. I put mine on with the phone still on.
    05-26-09 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD