So this thing came in on monday, as scheduled as per UPS tracking. (Thanks again CB!)

To start things off, I'll note that I'm using an otterbox case on a Curve 8320.

First Impressions - Clean looking product, well designed.

Fit - Picking out the earbuds was a bit of a task for me, I had to try them all on numerous times until picking the correct one for me. Also, I'm fairly disappointed that they're not flex-forming (I don't have an overly huge head or anything, I'm usually 7 1/4 - 7 3/8 in baseball caps) I'll go over a bit more on this subject later.

Function - After reading reports on here, and other reviews, I was expecting it to just crap out on me once I stepped outside. Surprisingly, this wasn't the case. After a bit of fiddling around, I realized that the bluetooth reciever on both the headphones and the curve were just fairly sensitive. Wasn't a disappointment or let down at all, I was expecting headphones I could only use inside my house after all. So long as the phone and headphones weren't blocked by any thick object, they functioned well. (Note - They did keep cutting out if the phone was in my pants pocket; this didn't bother me because I only put it in my pants pocket for testing reasons, I usually have my phone in a coat/jacket pocket, on a desk, or on my center console in my vehicles)
    The volume control was great, all the buttons were easy to press. They were much more sensitive than I thought they would be. Sound quality is decent. The same goes for when using it as a phone headset.

Using them at the gym, they work great. I usually set my phone down next to me, and get to business, so sound didn't cut out at all. I also took them snowboarding. I put it in a media player pocket on my jacket (located on the chest) got on the lift, and proceeded to do a run with them. They weren't so comfy. Doing all that turning/jumping/generally moving my head and body around that much kept the headphones constantly in motion, and after a while they started to annoy my ears. I'll stick to over-ear headphones for that.

When all is said and done, it's great for what I wanted them for - when doing stuff around/outside of the house, and the gym. I couldn't have asked for anything more. Thanks CB!
    01-31-08 11:43 PM
    Sweeet Mini Review. I agree with you. I love my S9s...but do think there's room for improvement still (maybe we'll see some S10s one these days soon). Though I tend to think everything can be improved...but that doesn't stop me from buying and trying everything! I think the S9s are still the best set of "active" bluetooth stereo headphones I've used to date.

Now my question is... how big is your Media Card and what kind of music are you listening to?!

Oh, and the Valentine's Giveaway is now on...get to it! Once you've won once...are your odds better/worse or the same?
    02-01-08 12:09 AM
    I'm fairly tempted to pick up the bose on-ear headset, just to see what they're like (they're over ear, but with a retractable wire)

Agreed regarding the s9's. Media card is only 4gigs, but the playlist is in constant rotation, I just end up making new ones during free time at work!

Hopping on into the contest as we speak!

Oh, and pm me regarding facebook group if you want.
    Last edited by surfanimal; 02-01-08 at 12:40 AM. Reason: noticed the questions
    02-01-08 12:23 AM
    I just got the S9's and they seem more than reasonable as a headphone set for activities such as the treadmill and exercise bike.

You mention PLAYLIST - can you create a playlist on the BB devices? I've an 8830.
    02-01-08 09:30 PM
    I just got the S9's and they seem more than reasonable as a headphone set for activities such as the treadmill and exercise bike.

You mention PLAYLIST - can you create a playlist on the BB devices? I've an 8830.
    I have been going into Properties on the mp3/wma file and setting the "Genres" to "Workout" or "Drive Home" or what ever mood hits me. Then on the bb select the genre. Works for me about the same as a playlist.
    03-08-08 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD