Ok, so I just gotmy two pods ordered off of Ebay for my Bold. They work and look great. The only problem now is how to carry around the bold when outside of work. I have a holster as well as a OEM black skin for the bold, Im not a big fan of the holster but atleast it lets me move to and from the dock without problems.

Conversely the skin is much easier to travel around with but is a pain to constantly slip it on and off in order to use the pod charge. Ideally it would be good for travel.

So to all you guys with charge pods out there, whats your preference for protecting your bold when going about your day?
    01-23-09 04:40 PM
    I'm not clumsy so I just use the OEM holster or the OEM pocket case

silicon cases suck bad
    01-23-09 04:43 PM
    I have a silicon skin and love the look and feel of it along with the added protection, BUT, I also have a holster that I use 99% of the time becuase it is a pain carrying this thing in my pocket, with my skinned BOLD would fit in the holster, that would fix everything!
    01-23-09 05:32 PM
    I bought the skin in anticipation a couple of weeks before the long-awaited bold was available here. I think I used the skin for only about week. (It just looks too good to hide in a skin! "Nobody puts Baby in a corner." lol) I've got a charging pod at work and another at home. My bold goes with me just about everywhere. I've treated it with a respectful amount of care (don't throw it in the same pocket as anything else, like keys & loose change).
    While traveling to and from work, I do slip it into the holster, which I just keep clipped to a pocket in my laptop bag. Otherwise, it's placed strategically in a purse or a pocket.
    After 80 days, 9 hours and roughly 39 minutes of ownership, my Bold is as good as new and doesn't have a scratch on it! (knock on wood)
    Last edited by VeryBold; 01-23-09 at 05:43 PM.
    01-23-09 05:39 PM
    I'm working on a tutorial for how to make a charge pod on my own, based on some help I got on these forums. I've just started, but if you want to make your own skin that's an idea. Also, if the skin is simply blocking the charge ports, just snip at them and add a bit of conductive metal to your charger as is.

Myself, I never use the rubberized skin or screen protectors, the case that it came with is just fine. It's never given me issues on my Curve, or older phones, or my new Bold.
    01-23-09 05:54 PM
    Ya I dumped the skin when I got my pods too. I mostly carry it in my pocket, but if I will be doing a lot of walking or need more protection I'll use the holster that comes with AT&T version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 07:19 PM
    I just use my holster. So far, so good. Not a fan of skins.
    01-23-09 07:20 PM
    Get the Invisible Shield. You missed the 50% off sale. I called and told them that I missed the sale and they gave the discount to me on the spot.

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield
    01-23-09 07:23 PM
    Get the Invisible Shield. You missed the 50% off sale. I called and told them that I missed the sale and they gave the discount to me on the spot.

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield
    How is that shield, Duvi? I am rather dubious about it.
    01-23-09 07:39 PM
    How is that shield, Duvi? I am rather dubious about it.
    Ya it does look good, but do the sides of it lift off? I can really see the sides getting dusty or full of lint and requiring a removal and cleaning.
    01-23-09 08:33 PM
    I am relatively new here, however, have seen this question tons lately, It's a wonder somebody (RIM) does not make a skin compatible with a charge pod.
    01-23-09 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD