Hello everyone,

So I recently ordered a Bold 9900 after my Storm 2 crapped out. I want to protect this beauty, but I'm not sure what case is best. I like the Case Mate brushed aluminium one and the OEM hard case. Mainly, I just want to protect against scratches, so I was looking into Ghost Armor. There is a store nearby, so I will get them to install it.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these three cases. I'm leaning for Ghost Armor because I love how the 9900 looks and don't want to cover it up. Is it nice?

Plus, any ex-Storm 2 members? How do you feel about the difference in phones?

Thanks
    01-06-12 04:19 PM
    The absolute best case available for the bold 9900/9930 device is the otterbox commuter. Nothing comes close imo.
    01-06-12 04:38 PM
    Oh I forgot to mention, I don't want to add to much thickness, so the Otterbox is a big no no :P
    01-06-12 04:44 PM
    I'm a big Otterbox fan, but will be completely honest and say that I don't care for the commuter for the 9900. Too hard to get on and off. Not near as nice as the one for the 9700. Going to give the OEM case a try. I too like the brushed aluminum, but I'm afraid that it will show lots of finger prints.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-12 04:49 PM
    Hello everyone,

So I recently ordered a Bold 9900 after my Storm 2 crapped out. I want to protect this beauty, but I'm not sure what case is best.
    So I too looked all over for a softer leather case (with a belt clip) than the one the 9900 came with and discovered there aren't a lot of choices that are either built well and/or seem practical.

I opted to keep the original one (and it protects it well) for now and after two months it's breaking in nicely. I'm actually glad I didn't change it. Maybe you'll have the same experience.
    01-06-12 04:51 PM
    I've got a brand new Case-Mate Brushed Aluminum in the black in the box as well, I tried it on, but that's all, never actually used since I use the charging pod. PM me if you're interested.
    01-06-12 05:20 PM
    I liked the commuter case for my S2, not sure if I would for the 9930 because of the commuters thick profile it may interfere with the keys on the edge of the keyboard. I opted for the OEM hardshell, very happy. In opposition to many other opinions of the S2, I was very fond of mine. My custom S2 homescreen was very productive. I like the 9930, it is much 'snappier' than the older S2. Cheers.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-06-12 05:46 PM
    The OB Commuter is a great case that is not very bulky. I only wish that came with a holster with a magnet like the Defender.I have a Seidio Surface holster which works great but no magnet.
    Last edited by jcp007; 01-06-12 at 08:06 PM.
    01-06-12 08:00 PM
    I think the softshell case by Rim is the best imo. Just one complain about the case is that the button areas of the case is too hard. where some times its hard to press the unlock button for the phone.

But i usually just go without the case. Like how sleek it looks.
    01-06-12 08:02 PM
    I dont know where you are located at but you should look on eBay. I am using this New High Quality TPU Skin Back Case Cover for Blackberry Bold Touch 9900 9930 | eBay

Its much cheaper than the OEM case and yet perfect good fit.

- Charles
    01-06-12 08:26 PM
    I love the oem cases but the wide area around the camera and flash bugged me as I could see the lenses getting scratched like my 9700. I found the Case-Mate Pop and absolutely LOVE this case. Small areas just around the lenses, doesn't had much thickness to it but it is a hard shell and gives the phone a little more weight which I actually like.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-12 08:46 PM
    were in the same boat. i wear rather slim fitting dress slacks for work, and skinny-ish jeans for play, and i keep my 9900 in my pocket. do the OEM hardshell... trust me! looks freakin dope, and doesnt make it bulky! found mine online for 19.99
    01-06-12 08:55 PM
    Got my hardshell case from an online auction site for twelve and change shipped. The case is nice looking and fits well.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-06-12 09:03 PM
    OEM Hard shell is what I'm using for now,nice looking back cover and thin

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-06-12 09:15 PM
    I've got the Ballistic case comparable to the Commuter case and it works quite well with both jeans and slacks, plus it's easy to remove for use with the charging pod... picked it up on ebay for about $8 shipped
    01-06-12 09:22 PM
    Thanks for the ideas everyone! But I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Ghost Armor?
    01-06-12 09:32 PM
    Can't go wrong with the OEM hardshell or softshell. A lot of people think there's no case on when they look at my phone.
    01-06-12 09:53 PM
    I just got my Otterbox Communter today. It does not add too much thickness. Definitely the best.
    Golf-Guy likes this.
    01-06-12 11:54 PM
    You need different cases etc. to match your lifestyle!

Chose accessories wisely cos its an expensive bit of kit,if you don't have it insured (I do) it will cost you a bomb to replace!

Holsters, Cases, hard and soft all have their place. find the ones that fit your life!
    01-07-12 01:23 AM
  20. And
    The Otterbox commuter case is nice but it's so slippery...the extra protection is needed
    01-07-12 09:37 AM
    got my case mate aluminum today

love it
    01-07-12 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD