12-28-08 11:22 PM
64 123
tools
    Arkon makes really great mounts. I have one for my pearl and its the best one I've ever used. When I bought my storm I emailed them to see when they might come out with a model specific mount for the storm but I have not head back from them yet. I hope its soon. Their stuff is top quality

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 11:17 AM
    I think I life this idea the best. I've never seen one that mounts to the bottom of the seat and extends up. Gonna go look in my car to see how this would work for me but it seems best since I don't really wanna mount anything to my dashboard.
    12-12-08 11:31 AM
    I think I life this idea the best. I've never seen one that mounts to the bottom of the seat and extends up. Gonna go look in my car to see how this would work for me but it seems best since I don't really wanna mount anything to my dashboard.
    it does work well, i can take a picture if you want with my storm mounted on it
    12-12-08 12:25 PM
    Has anyone tried a mount that clips to your vents? I am thinking it would be easier for jumping from car to car. I am wondering if they are secure enough.
    12-12-08 12:46 PM
    I have noticed that most of these options have arms on the side to hold the phone in place, but look as though they may block the car charger cable. Also I've been searching for something that will mount the phone in landscape mode, as i like it a little more while navigating using vznav (i know, i know...). In the horizontal position the charger would just go straight down out of the bottom, which seems to be the most "organized" way to do it.
    Here is a thought.

1.) Get one
    2.) Buy a drill
    3.) Drill a hole
    4.) Done
    12-12-08 12:55 PM
    So after looking at my cup holder mount in my car...it is indeed from Brackerton. So I paid $18 versus $35. Only difference is no real packaging on it and doesnt have brackerton sticker on the holder itself. Its on the base.
    12-12-08 12:58 PM
    Ok- give me some suggestions- I don’t want anything that is on the glass inside the car. i will drill a hole if i have to. I would like to be able to plug my storm car charger in with the mount. Thanks!
    12-12-08 01:14 PM
    Here is the mount I am using: Car Floor / Seat Bolt Mount and Cradle for Apple iPhone & Touch Fits 3G SM225-iPhone

The only problem I have encountered is that when I need to use the charger, which is rare for me, the Storm needs to sit higher in the cradle, however once you tighten the sides, the phone won't move around

Here are some pics:

Last edited by paa79594; 12-12-08 at 02:52 PM.
    12-12-08 02:37 PM
    YAY! Thanks for the pic. I like the way that looks. I'm def ordering one now...
    12-12-08 02:52 PM
    No problem, I really like the mount.
    12-12-08 03:09 PM
    Where do you have that mounted. From the directions it mounts to a seat bolt, but yours looks to far forward. Did you use the center console?
    12-12-08 03:28 PM
    Mine is bolted to the seat, but I've flexed it so it bends forward and leans against the dash, because at some times it will rattle. If you lean the neck against something, it will be more stable. The next is long, and you can pretty much mold the thing however you want.
    12-12-08 03:44 PM
    will it turn to a landscape view for something like garmin or watching a movie
    12-12-08 04:01 PM
    i think it will. i cant check though because i glued mine like that when i first got it for my iphone. there is a piece that connects it and it looks like it should be able to but im not 100% on that
    12-12-08 04:11 PM
    Bracketron is soooo expensive.

Here is the same thing but cheaper

How easy/painful is it to get the storm or iPod touch in and out? Does the device just pop in and out, or do you have to loosen and tighten the sides every time?
    Also, can you use just the holder pictured in the top pic without the cup holder base?

I'm looking for just a holder (I'm mounting my own bracket off the back of my steering wheel-mounted tach)... but one in which it is easy to put the device in and out as I get in-and-out of the car often.... preferably in landscape orientation.
    This looks like it might fit the bill.

Thanks for any info.
    12-17-08 09:30 AM
    How easy/painful is it to get the storm or iPod touch in and out? Does the device just pop in and out, or do you have to loosen and tighten the sides every time?
    Also, can you use just the holder pictured in the top pic without the cup holder base?

I'm looking for just a holder (I'm mounting my own bracket off the back of my steering wheel-mounted tach)... but one in which it is easy to put the device in and out as I get in-and-out of the car often.... preferably in landscape orientation.
    This looks like it might fit the bill.

Thanks for any info.
    Here is a video of the air vent mount...same holder, just different way of mounting it

The Bracketron is like a clamp. There is a little button that you press and it expands or loosens. If you want to hold it tight, you just squeeze.

You dont need the cup holder. You can remove the holder. I purchased the cup holder on ebay for $18 and I just purchased the air vent mount version on eBay as well for $7.99 with free shipping

Here is the link to the air vent mount - Bracketron Grip-iT Vent Mount Cradle fits Most Devices! - eBay (item 260333843827 end time Dec-23-08 12:21:28 PST)
    12-17-08 09:44 AM
    ^ well, that video answered all my questions... and thanks for the auction links.
    I may have to pick up the air vent version.
    12-17-08 10:08 AM
    You're my new best friend. I wish I had knew about this before I bought my Vent mount. I drive a 2006 model F150 and the vent mounts aren't worth a poot and I hate windshield mounts. Thanks for the link!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 10:24 AM
    anyone using the bracketron have issues with the storm being unresponsive when in the holder?
    12-17-08 04:55 PM
    anyone using the bracketron have issues with the storm being unresponsive when in the holder?
    No. I do not have a problem. Why should there be? Nothing different from any other car holder or from holding the phone in your hand.
    12-17-08 05:13 PM
    I use a brand called "Scosche" that I got at Cabela's but is also available at Wal-Mart. It was about $20 and works great. It holds my phone (and my GPS) in horizontal or vertical mode and came with a dash mount and a window mount. I live in ND, but very close (spittin' distance) to MN where it is illegal to mount anything on your windshield so the dash option is handy. I also like it because I can mount it in any vehicle and use it with whatever device I need to. I also like the grips as they don't impede the use of the charger and it also doesn't come in contact with the convenience keys or volume keys on the phone. I don't have to worry about triggering a button I don't need. It's sturdy and stays in place too.
    12-17-08 05:22 PM
    No. I do not have a problem. Why should there be? Nothing different from any other car holder or from holding the phone in your hand.
    that's what is puzzling.

worked fine yesterday, but today the screen does not respond to clicks when in the holder. If I grab it in my hand it works, put it back and it won't respond.
    12-17-08 05:26 PM
    Mine is bolted to the seat, but I've flexed it so it bends forward and leans against the dash, because at some times it will rattle. If you lean the neck against something, it will be more stable. The next is long, and you can pretty much mold the thing however you want.
    How well does the gooseneck keep the storm in the same place when you hit speed bumps, slam on the brakes, take fast turns, etc? i've been looking at something like this for a long time for my phone and mp3 player.

thanks
    12-17-08 05:29 PM
    How well does the gooseneck keep the storm in the same place when you hit speed bumps, slam on the brakes, take fast turns, etc? i've been looking at something like this for a long time for my phone and mp3 player.

thanks
    It will stay "in place" but it will shake which drove me nuts (I have an XM mounted in my truck on a gooseneck). If you can set it up so that there is something to keep it "in place" you will be much happier (as was mentiod above.)

I adjusted it to hold the radio against the seat and it has been great for a couple of years, no rattling, shaking etc.
    12-17-08 05:33 PM
    12-19-08 10:15 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD