I'm really tempted to leave my Pouch for the Gel skin, however, I'm still enjoying the feel of the new phone in my hands. I've had Gel skins before and they get relatively annoying to clean. (Oily hands etc etc).

The reason why I'm getting annoyed with the pouch is because it goes in and out of the case on a pretty consistent basis, and when i'm done replying i have to slip it back into the case.

Should I scrap the pouch?

I use my berry quite a bit for emails and PINs with friends.
    04-27-09 11:34 AM
    its all up to you. i dont like the pouch for the same reason and i kept bumping into things with it on my side and it actually scrathed the phone so im using a gel sking for the moment
    04-27-09 12:47 PM
    I prefer gel skin
    04-27-09 12:51 PM
    I actually use both, but more often than not I use the pouch. Even though it may be annoying to slip it in and out constantly, you don't have to lock the keyboard each time you do so. Just pull it out and you're good to go. With the gel skin, youkre gonna have to unlock it each time. The pouch also offers much more protection. I'd stick with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 12:57 PM
    The gel skin sticks to the pant when taking it out of the pocket. I suggest getting both acceasories so you can variate between the two on different days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 01:03 PM
    If you got gel skin, please buy screen protector too!

For record- TMO Gel skin is for 10 bucks and OEM Blackberry skin is for 14 -16 bucks..
    04-27-09 01:20 PM
    Even though it may be annoying to slip it in and out constantly, you don't have to lock the keyboard each time you do so. Just pull it out and you're good to go. With the gel skin, youkre gonna have to unlock it each time.
    Please explain. Why do you have to unlock it each time?

For record- TMO Gel skin is for 10 bucks and OEM Blackberry skin is for 14 -16 bucks..
    You can get these all day long on Amazon and eBay for about $5.
    04-27-09 01:34 PM
    i actually use a phone skin w/ a silicone gel skin. screen protector AND a pouch to protect the berry!! its all what will work for you! try both, try just skin, try just pounch-wieght you differences and see what your comfortable with! If you worried about scratches on your bb,(im ocd about) then may apply a phone skin w/screen protector and a silicone skin for added color/protection! just another suggestion as well! good luck with your decision
    04-27-09 01:39 PM
    Please explain. Why do you have to unlock it each time?

You can get these all day long on Amazon and eBay for about $5.
    Yeah I was excite purchased BB8900 at Tmobile store and got skin without thinking twice. However I am happy with it! no regrets it..

poster try saying that he/she doesn't have to put in and out of pouch to make BB itself lock. Because pouch has magnet mode.
    04-27-09 01:43 PM
    I use the Seidio Innocase II Surface and love it (with a screen protector). Have trouble finding a pouch into/out of which the cased phone can easily slide. Any ideas? Want a pouch with no clips of any sort.

Thanks,

BlazorBoy
    04-27-09 01:49 PM
    What's the saying... high insight is 20/20... I should have stayed with my first choice... I purchased a silicone skin from eBay before there were any really good options for holsters or pouches... then I purchased a few and was not really happy with any and kept going back to my silicone skin.

Looking back I wish I had saved my money and just purchased the skin.
    04-27-09 03:01 PM
    Love the Polycarbonate Skin (Cozip Case, while my screen is protected by a Brando Ultra Clear Screen Protector.
    04-27-09 04:19 PM
    I bought the gel skin from a TMo store, and mine is not sticky, but it does attract dog hair. Personally I keep taking it out as I like the feel of it out of the case: thinner, lighter and easier to type on.
    04-27-09 04:27 PM
    i use both. It depends what mood i'm in. Sometimes I prefer my blackberry by itself with nothiing on, and then i use the pouch. Sometimes it's easier for me to just use the skin. Whichever works for you
    04-27-09 04:37 PM
    I bought a skin as i wanted to protect the BB, and didn't like the fact that the pouch it came with seemed to drain the blackberry. (I think people have said it's the magnet that's the problem).

BTW, would upgrading from .101 (which the BB came with) to os .199 sort this battery/pouch problem out?
    04-27-09 05:23 PM
    I have a curve 8310. I use a skin on the phone. What I did was purchase a BOLD case and the phone with the skin on it fits perfectly. Now I can leave the skin on all the time. Not sure what I am going to do when I buy my new Bold!!!!
    04-27-09 05:24 PM
    After only having my Curve 8900 for a few days I dropped it and now have a small scratch on a corner. Took this as a warning and have now bought a BB skin to supplement the BB Horizontal case. Looked at the threads and I hope that it fits. Has anyone else used this combi?
    04-27-09 06:18 PM
    After only having my Curve 8900 for a few days I dropped it and now have a small scratch on a corner. Took this as a warning and have now bought a BB skin to supplement the BB Horizontal case. Looked at the threads and I hope that it fits. Has anyone else used this combi?
    You wondering if skin on blackkberry will fit into pouch? My answer is no.. I did try to put it into blackberry pouch @ store, UNFORTUNATELY its not FIT.
    04-27-09 06:28 PM
    Man. I love the BB pouches. The profile setting magnet makes it worth it.
    04-27-09 07:17 PM
    Just got my Blackberry skin for the Curve today and it fits fine in the BB pouch. I had used the pouch for a couple of weeks so this may have loosened it up a bit. Hopefully this combi will stop any more damage from those accidental drops!!
    04-30-09 04:45 PM
    Invisible Shield and Gel Skin.
    04-30-09 05:42 PM
    Just got my Blackberry skin for the Curve today and it fits fine in the BB pouch. I had used the pouch for a couple of weeks so this may have loosened it up a bit. Hopefully this combi will stop any more damage from those accidental drops!!
    yeah thats VERY ODD My TMO skin is thicker. that might be not fit in pouch.. who knows,,,
    04-30-09 06:08 PM
    I use the pouch, it feels smaller in my hands and I like the sleeping function.
    04-30-09 07:10 PM
    Versatility is key for me in this. Just like I love to change my themes/ringtones/etc, for me I have to have both. That way I can change it up when I want to.
    04-30-09 10:20 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/got...r-case-218782/

Using this for now. I know it's not a 8900, but they have the signature leather case for the 8900 that's basically the asme, just not carbon fiber.
    05-01-09 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD