I've been trying to find a case for my new 9700. My wife and I upgrades to the 9700 from the 8320. We both had Blackberry skins and like them. However, I've read the 9700 OEM skins are terrible. What's a good alternative?

We don't like hard cases. We like the sticky soft silicone cases. Maybe lint isn't an issue for us, but we both like how we can put the phone on our passenger seat in our cars and not have the phone slide around. For us, we like grippy cases.

After searching the forum, the only case that sounds interesting is the Epik gel case. However, is it sticky enough or is it slick? Thoughts? Suggestions?
    04-20-10 10:05 PM
    I have an OEM 9700 case that I got from a T-Mobile store. It fits just fine. My only complaint is the lint accumulation, which you said you don't mind.
    04-20-10 10:11 PM
    I've read that the OEM skin stretches after about a week.
    I have an OEM 9700 case that I got from a T-Mobile store. It fits just fine. My only complaint is the lint accumulation, which you said you don't mind.
    04-20-10 10:13 PM
    I've had mine and used it off and on since January.
    04-20-10 10:26 PM
    it is very true. i got an oem skin and it stretched after putting it in my holster and taking it off. id say look around and see what are ur options. and see what u prefer
    04-20-10 10:36 PM
    I travel alot and had the gel/neoprene case on both my 9700 and storm 2 until the TSA at the airport took it and said it wasnt allowed. I switched to the Seidio Innocase II. (love them)

yes I know they ARE allowed but I wasnt about to argue with the TSA agents...not getting on one of those lists...for lower IQ's they have alot of power
    Last edited by NEPABBuser; 04-20-10 at 11:08 PM.
    04-20-10 11:06 PM
    This Otterbox Impact I got for $10.51 shipped from Amazon a couple weeks ago is nice, highly recommended.
    04-20-10 11:22 PM
    I have 5 epik cases and they're my favorite. I bought 3 from Justin on this forum his website is www.Degasis.net - Authorized Dealer of Epik Case Products for Smartphones - Blackberry Iphone Etc.

Fit is nice and tight. It doesn't bend out of shape after a while and it slides easy in and out of your pocket. I also have an otterbox commuter and the oem rubber looking case. I like the epik the best.
    04-20-10 11:53 PM
    Ottterbox defender series!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 12:35 AM
    Epik resin cases are awesome as mentioned above. I love mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 01:35 AM
    Epik rules. Cheap and good. Grippy but don't accumulate lint or turn your pockets inside out like silicon. They are soft and don't scratch the phone, and the cutouts are almost perfect (I have to enlarge the headphone jack but it could also be my particular headphone plug)

For five bucks you cannot go wrong.
    04-21-10 02:39 AM
    incipio for me!
    04-21-10 02:59 AM
    the epik resin case is great. sometimes i forget its even on my phone. i have a regular one and recently ordered the red label case which i know i wont be disappointed with.

04-21-10 03:32 AM
    I use an Epik case trust me u will not be dissapointed with it. It slides out of your pocket smoothly and wont attract lint. Plus for the price you def cant go wrong.
    04-21-10 09:03 AM
    I'll try the Epik. The Otter Impact, though it fits the phone well, seems to be mostly hard plastic (on the outside) and slippery. I haven't actually seen one, so this is my assumption.
    04-21-10 09:41 AM
    I got an amzer luxe case from amazon that works really well. It's flexible but still firm. Much better than the silicone case. It has grip too. I don't have to worry about it sliding around like I do with my Otterbox Commuter case and lint doesn't stick to it. Depending on the maker and color they run from $3.98 to $20.00. They will also fit into a leather holster.
    04-21-10 11:58 AM