so i was fiddiling with my garmin and my bb the other day and i got to looking at the charge ports on both and was like huh i wonder. So i hooked my garming up in my car bam it turned on so i unplugged the hook up that goes into the back of the garmin and left it plugged into the car outlet and then slowly i plugged it into my Crackberry and Bam. I take a deep breath and look at my bb and see that it is now charging so i undo all of it and swap out for my bb charger i plug it into the car outlet and plug the mini usb part into the bb first to make sure nothing FUBARED up and it showed my bb charing so just fine there so i made sure my Garmin was off and slowly slid it into the usb port and BOOM my Garmin pops on with the Image of both of my kiddos and i hear the angels sing LOL.

One less charger i have to carry lol

Me thinks there is some tricky at play or some wheelin an Dealin. Nah im playing but its a neat trick to know.
    04-05-09 10:13 AM
    awesome! I have way too many chargers in my car
    04-05-09 10:19 AM
    I know isnt this the coolest idea ever
    04-05-09 10:23 AM
    I loved that I could only have one charger for both items. When I switched to the storm which is a micro usb instead of a mini I was bummerd. I tried one of those mini to micro adaptors, but it doesn't work. Oh well I love my phone so I guess it is worth it.
    04-05-09 10:27 AM
    keep this thread going i wanna see what people think and see if they have had the same result as i have had and the awesomeness of this discovery of having one less charger in your vehicle
    04-05-09 10:29 AM
    my garmin wall charger uses a mini USB port too but has an output of 1A (bold's charger says 500mA). It charges the phone though much faster hehehehe so I dont use it anymore.
    04-05-09 10:46 AM
    hehe lets just keep the faster charger shall we
    04-05-09 11:46 AM
    I use my old RAZR car charger to charge my BB in the car. Works like a charm
    04-05-09 12:21 PM
    Yup-i knew I kept that RAZR stuff for a reason!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 12:49 PM
    All charging voltage and current regulation is done in the phones, I use a motorola razr charger on my bb and I use a bb charger on my garmin as well, as long as the charger can supply the needed current all will be good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 12:55 PM
    I tried one of those mini to micro adaptors, but it doesn't work. Oh well I love my phone so I guess it is worth it.
    You may have a bad adapter. I have three of them and they all work. Did you get the OEM Motorola adapter?
    04-05-09 01:42 PM
    my garmin wall charger uses a mini USB port too but has an output of 1A (bold's charger says 500mA). It charges the phone though much faster hehehehe so I dont use it anymore.
    This won't hurt anything. The phone will only pull as much amperage as needed. The issue would be if the voltage was off. As long as the charger has more mA as the device requires you are ok.
    04-05-09 01:43 PM
    alright everyone who has posted thus far... grab you special ed helmets sit down and listen real quick.

The voltage regulation is not done thru the phone its done thru the charger itself. you people are the reason that I love working at a repair shop for phones. you guys bring me more money than i know what to do with and to be honest u keep me in business. Go ahead and use the wrong charger for the phone and when ur battery goes out in 6 months dont come crying to me. God u people are worthless.
    04-05-09 04:18 PM
    wow jackas* much i was just saying that the charger fit in it in no way shape or form was i saying hey ditch the bb charger and use the garmin charger just saying something and pointing out something funny ok dam
    04-05-09 05:13 PM
    Anybody smell somthin burning?
    04-07-09 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD