09-03-10 09:44 AM
59 123
tools
    Been working along side Otterbox in the past 3-4 weeks trouble shooting their commuter case for the 9650.

The charging port cover is designed flawed and will be corrected soon.

Just heard back from our quality control team this will essentially be a running change, we will execute the change in a 6-9 week period and at that point will re-work the silicone slightly for a tighter fit.

I hope that answers your questions thank you for bringing this to our attention so we could make the changes.

Once they are available users will be able to contact them for an exchange if you are having issues.
    07-25-10 09:25 AM
    Well, I took advantage of their sale price for the Tour case but even with some snipping and dicing and slicing, the way the rubber flap opens, it remains in the way.
    07-25-10 10:51 AM
    i have this case for the 9650, and the charger flap does not close all the way, and doesn't stay closed. i hope to get this exchanged once they release the fixed version.
    07-25-10 10:55 AM
    I knew there was a problem with it. I was getting ready to cut the flap off. Glad they are working on a fix as I love the case even with the flap issue.
    07-25-10 10:56 AM
    I just got the 9650 from the 9630 and ordered the 9650 Commuter, because of the charging port flap not ligning up. It's probably not even in the mail yet!
    07-25-10 11:15 AM
    hmm this is kinda an annoying issue, glad they are fixing it. I wonder if i will be able to get it replaced seeing as i bought it on ebay and not directly from the otterbox website.
    07-25-10 12:27 PM
    Been looking @ buying either the commuter or impact so thanks for posting this yester! big help
    07-25-10 12:50 PM
    I also bought one off of eBay from a seller who states that he is the only authorized Otterbox reseller on eBay. I wrote about this issue about a month ago in another thread. Hopefully I can get a replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-10 02:50 PM
    I also bought one off of eBay from a seller who states that he is the only authorized Otterbox reseller on eBay. I wrote about this issue about a month ago in another thread. Hopefully I can get a replacement.

Unless the username was 'Otterbox' I don't think your chances are very good
    07-25-10 08:47 PM
    I have the same problem with my 9650 Commuter. I finally work the flap in tight but it comes out easily while holding or in my pocket.
    07-26-10 09:25 PM
    I have the same problem with my 9650 Commuter. I finally work the flap in tight but it comes out easily while holding or in my pocket.
    Sounds like I should hold off on my purchase?
    07-26-10 09:27 PM
    Yes give it about 2-3 months for replacement to be out...

You could ask about using a defender case in the mean time....

I am just surprised I am the only one who used my contact info to pass on this info and do further testing..... This has been going on for about 2 weeks so far and just heard back from QT control. They finally figured out how to make it right.
    07-26-10 09:32 PM
    Not a huge fan of the bulk of the defender, I think I'll wait it out
    07-26-10 09:34 PM
    I sent them an email regaurding this and they asked me to provide pics of the issue and make sure my name was on a piece of paper in the backround so they could send me another one in the mail. I never responded to it because I figured everyone was having this issue and I would get the same thing.
    Ohh and my phone is my camera so that would be an issue too. Lol

07-26-10 09:48 PM
    Oops. I just ordered one on ebay. I was trying to find this thread to see if it was in fact the Commuter case that had problems. Oops. I guess I'll see what happens when it gets here.
    07-26-10 10:58 PM
    I just got mine in today for my 9650 and I couldn't be happier with it.
    Solid build quality!
    07-27-10 12:38 AM
    Oh frak. I just ordered from Newegg last week. We'll see what happens.

If I have problems with mine, do I work with Newegg or direct with Otterbox?
    07-27-10 09:52 AM
    I would suggest you work directly with Otterbox since they have identified the issue and will make their CSR's aware of it soon.
    07-27-10 10:14 AM
    Thanks. I actually just had gone to Otterbox's website and sent email asking them what to do if my case has problems when it arrives.
    Last edited by jlb21; 07-27-10 at 10:24 AM.
    07-27-10 10:16 AM
    NewEgg?

They may suggest you get it exchanged for another case. But I have tested 5 of them and still had issues. After all that it then went back to the engineers and they completed further testing. And we are here now...
    07-27-10 10:21 AM
    Otter's website. I FMP.
    07-27-10 10:25 AM
    Just noticed this same issue on the case I got yesterday but had not seen this post yet. Time to email Otterbox. Thanks for posting.
    Last edited by djjmaddox; 07-27-10 at 11:25 AM.
    07-27-10 10:50 AM
    So I had sent email to Otter yesterday morning. I received an email back from them last night at 9pm EST. Essentialy, they said the following:

I thnk the issue has been resloved, however if you do have issues you can just contact us again.
    So, yes, if any of us have problems, they will take care of us. I was VERY happy with the rather quick response.
    07-28-10 08:12 AM
    Really looking forward to getting mine......Don't get me wrong, I like my Innocase II fairly well, but the Otter Commuter seems to be right up my alley. In addition, my Innocase II is starting to scratch my 9650 in just the same place that it did my 9630, just to the left and right of the BB logo, just under the case.
    07-28-10 10:49 AM
    Mine arrived today. First, let me say that I love this case. As much as I liked the Seidio Innocase II, I like this more (especially considering the scratching my Inno II was doing.

That being said, I think my flap is faulty, but not by much. I push it in fine and then it pops up....slightly. Not to the point where the flap totally opens. And no idea what will happen tomorrow when I put a suit back on and start putting it in/out of my pocket.

I guess I will touch base with the rep who emailed me and discuss with him and go from there.

Sure, this is a little bulkier than my Inno, but it is perfect for me!
    07-28-10 03:53 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD