I wanted to warn my fellow crackberry readers.

I received my OEM horizontal case today from msgdigital (BlackBerry Horizontal Pouch w/ Belt Clip for Thunder 9500, Storm 9530 (Black) - MSGDigital). It's a nice case, but unfortunately it has two sets of magnets that keep the flap closed. They are about two inches apart towards the right and left side of the flap.

It's unfortunate because the Storm's magnetic sensor is in the center of the unit (center of the screen or center of the back).

So the Storm never detects the magnets. I'll be returning this and will look for another horizontal case with a single magnet near the center.
    12-01-08 07:09 PM
    I have to disagree. I have the exact case and if you can feel the thin metal bar that goes down the middle/front of the case..... when the magnetic clip is in closed/lock mode, it will activate that entire bar to be magnetic.

My phone works perfectly in the holster/holster mode.
    12-01-08 07:13 PM
    I have to disagree. I have the exact case and if you can feel the thin metal bar that goes down the middle/front of the case..... when the magnetic clip is in closed/lock mode, it will activate that entire bar to be magnetic.

Negative, my case does not have a metal bar in the middle/front of the case. I just checked with a stand-alone magnet, and the only metal or metallic pieces are the two that close the flap. There's nothing joining them.

I don't think we have the same case. If it's the same part number (HDW-18975-001), then perhaps mine is aberrant.

Edit: I found the problem. They sent me the wrong one. I ordered the HDW-18975-001 but they sent the HDW-19593-001.

So I'll change my caution to those ordering the 19593!
    Last edited by buxleyp; 12-01-08 at 07:27 PM.
    12-01-08 07:21 PM

So just to confirm, you have the HDW-18975-001, and it successfully triggers the Storm's magnetic sensor?
    12-01-08 07:30 PM
    im just gonna sew magnets in my pockets.... problem solved.
    12-01-08 08:35 PM
    I'll have to check the package when I get home. I purchased the OEM leather case/belt swivel from Verizon made exclusively for the Storm just this weekend.... $19.99
    12-01-08 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD