Just got back from the Verizon store and had my Curve replaced.

I had experienced intermittent problems with the voice dialing app starting up for no apparent reason. It would just happen randomly when I received a text message, made or received calls, used the browser, etc. I searched the internet but didn't find any good solutions.

So yesterday, I took my phone to the store, explained the problem to the tech (of course the phone work fine at the store ), and he wiped the phone for me. It seemed fine until this afternoon. I went back and spoke to a different tech and his wife's phone had had the same problem. So he offered to replace it for free.

I wasn't expecting this since I purchased the phone used off of ebay. He never asked me where I got the phone. He even let me pull the trackball from the old phone to keep as a spare. So now I'm a happy camper.

Just thought I'd share this for people experiencing the voice dialing app problem. A replacement seems to be the only solution.
    06-24-09 11:38 PM
    Wow, if verizon was this noce to me I may not have left them after 11 years of service. Guess thats what I get for buying devices from them and having to make one claim on one phone....sarcasm purely intended......
    With that being said I dont know why they did it for you knowing you didnt buy the device from them. But glad you got it resolved.
    06-24-09 11:44 PM
    Sorry about your past experience Verizon.

The tech never asked me where I purchased my phone so I'm not sure if he knew I didn't buy it from them. The first thing he did was offer to replace the phone after I told him about the previous wipe and continued problem. Maybe it's their policy?

Whatever the case may be, I'm not complaining
    06-24-09 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD