08-09-10 01:37 PM
29 12
tools
    i understand, which is why i stated you have to modify the case or take it off, personally i don't think its a big deal, they are very easy to take off. more than likely you charge ur phone at night cuz blackberries have great battery life and you really don't need a case when your sleeping. but if that's not good enough you can modify it with a razor and a steady hand. i have had every single type of case out there for my phones, and honestly for the money those epik cases are the best.
    It definitely sucks to have to buy a case and then modify it. However, I had an epik case for my tour and it was very easy to modify to put on my bold so I could leave it on while charging. The usb port is just a little higher on the side of the phone. All I had to do it put it on, trace an outline of where the usb charging port needed to be extended (only about 1/4 of a centimeter or less) and cut it. As stated, you can use a razor, snips, or even a good small sharp scissor. It was very easy and it still looks good. They are so cheap you can buy a few for the price of a more name brand case in case you screw up or just want more colors. I love the material of these cases so I think it's worth it. They offer good protection, are relatively thin, and don't stick to the inside of your pockets like a silicone case. I have no connection with the company or anything, just found out about them here. If you search for epik cases you will see posts form the guy who runs the site. I think his name is Justin. He posts here and answers questions. Maybe you can convince him to get a move on and get the case modified to fit the bold 9650 perfectly. The site says they have been working on it for a while now.
    08-09-10 08:57 AM
    +1 for the case mate gelli in teal and purple.
    I accidently dropped my baby bold 5 feet and it bounced three times on a tile floor ( I know...who saw that coming?????) but nothing happened to my phone!...So stylish and protective.

Privacy screen protector protecting the screen was a sep purchase although it came with a clear screen protector.
    08-09-10 09:31 AM
    There are all kinds of case varieties from china. I doubt you'd want to buy cases from a retail store anyways considering how ridiculously bad they rip you off...
    08-09-10 01:11 PM
    Ebay! 9 Soft Skin Cover Silicon Gel Case Blackberry Bold 9650 - eBay (item 120584706749 end time Aug-16-10 00:25:27 PDT)

Also, check out Brando's cell phone section and search both blackberry 9630 and 9650. I found doors in many colors mobile.brando.com

mobile.brando.com the 9630 compete housing replacements wont fit without modification but I'm sure someone will make it work.
    08-09-10 01:37 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD