08-09-10 02:37 PM
29 12
tools
    I went out looking for a reliable case for my new phone and everything is BLACK. i am tired of the black cases i want something with a little color. i only see a red in the skin but i dont want a skin for the phone. Where can i go to get a good, colorful case? I would like to go to a store and get one but i am also willing to buy online. Please help
    08-07-10 07:41 PM
    ebay. Cheap,fast and reliable. As for the colors, they have loads but i just ordered a otterbox commuter. Black looks best on blackberrys imo.
    08-07-10 07:47 PM
    I have one in blue and one in purple. The Tour cases seem to fit, and I love the colors I have from Seidio. I use a film cover for the screen and the case just covers the back, but they work well. I think I also have one in Magenta.
    08-07-10 08:00 PM
    I agree with the lack of cases. Not that there aren't any, but when you compare them to the cases available for the 85xx; they suck.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    08-07-10 08:08 PM
    well i got a seidio case when i had my HTC TP2 and it broke within 3 months so i dont think i want to go down that road.
    08-07-10 08:12 PM
    Shop online, most stores carry the same generic cases.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-10 09:28 PM
    Shop online, most stores carry the same generic cases.

Even with shopping online, they all look basically the same and colour options are low.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    08-07-10 09:32 PM
    I agree with the lack of cases. Not that there aren't any, but when you compare them to the cases available for the 85xx; they suck.
    +1

I really like my Otterbox Commuter for my 9650, but it would've been nice to be able to pick from different colors or patterns like what Otterbox has for the iPhones.
    08-07-10 10:24 PM
    Try emailing them and telling them your issues. If they get enough people expressing interest in a new product, I bet they'll produce it.

08-07-10 10:30 PM
    Try emailing them and telling them your issues. If they get enough people expressing interest in a new product, I bet they'll produce it.
    Cool. I think I just may do that with Otterbox. I'll wait until they get the 9650 Commuter's USB flap design fixed first though.
    08-07-10 10:35 PM
    Amazon is another good resource. Or the store here at CrackBerry, even, has plenty of color options. More cases will come out; this phone is still technically in its "debut" or "infancy" or what have you...give it time, soon there will be a ton of cases to choose from, I'm sure.
    08-08-10 02:22 AM
    i had a set of these for my curve and now i just bought 2 more for my bold. they specify that its for the 9630 so u would need to cut out the charging point a little more or take off the case when charging it. i think there the best for the money honestly, not to soft like silicone case and not hard like plastic, in between and provide plenty of protection and they have a bunch of colors...
    check them out... www.Degasis.net - Authorized Dealer of Epik Case Products for Smartphones - Blackberry Iphone Etc.
    08-08-10 03:07 AM
    im telling you. If you want colors and variety, check ebay. Tons of options man.
    08-08-10 03:08 AM
    Seidio case are not durable especially the new surface 1 for the Bold.
    It connects top to bottom and the little clips don't last.
    Then there return policy take 3-4 weeks from the time you submit to receive.
    I love there products they just don't hold up especially on the Tour and Bold series.
    08-08-10 03:49 AM
    I hate that situation too. You can walk into a best buy and see a rainbow of colors and say "sweet they have a mess load of cases here" when you get to the wall of cases they are all for the damn iPhone.

08-08-10 05:29 AM
    Best Buy has the Casemate cases that are super thin in a nice Blue, a lime Green, Pink, Chrome, and..uhh..black

EDIT: Have you been HERE? http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content
    Last edited by thenameless1; 08-08-10 at 08:38 AM.
    08-08-10 08:34 AM
    check coveroo. you can get custom stuff from them. i just got a NY Yankees battery cover from them...
    08-08-10 08:48 AM
    Have you tried looking for 9650 cases? I don't think anyone makes anything for a 9560.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

But seriously, ebay is a great way to go. A lot of Tour cases will fit if they don't have a specific cut out for the USB port. I checked out a few snap on cases at some cell phone accessory places, that all worked fine.
    08-08-10 10:30 AM
    i had a set of these for my curve and now i just bought 2 more for my bold. they specify that its for the 9630 so u would need to cut out the charging point a little more or take off the case when charging it. i think there the best for the money honestly, not to soft like silicone case and not hard like plastic, in between and provide plenty of protection and they have a bunch of colors...
    check them out... www.Degasis.net - Authorized Dealer of Epik Case Products for Smartphones - Blackberry Iphone Etc.
    ok i went to that site and they having problems with the case and you have to take off the case to charge the phone so that wont work for me.
    08-08-10 11:44 AM
    If you read the reviews on the link I posted, there are happy 9650 owners replying, so they must be 9650 cases. Their were probably 6 different cases to choose from at BB, which isn't bad considering they are iphone everything.

They had a Casemate, a plastic smoke one, a BB Rubber one, 2 Otterbox's and another type of case. They only have the invisible shield for the screen, which is OK since I didnt realize it had orange peel so I ordered the Body Guardz.
    08-08-10 11:55 AM
    I was thinking about trying the Otterbox but i dont want to get it if it is too bulky. Does anyone know where and if the sell them in the stores so i can see if i like them??
    08-08-10 10:39 PM
    I was thinking about trying the Otterbox but i dont want to get it if it is too bulky. Does anyone know where and if the sell them in the stores so i can see if i like them??
    The Otterbox Commuter case isn't bulky. You can find them at Best Buy, I believe.
    08-08-10 11:02 PM
    Otterbox commuter is awesome and very thin

08-08-10 11:13 PM
    ok i went to that site and they having problems with the case and you have to take off the case to charge the phone so that wont work for me.
    i understand, which is why i stated you have to modify the case or take it off, personally i don't think its a big deal, they are very easy to take off. more than likely you charge ur phone at night cuz blackberries have great battery life and you really don't need a case when your sleeping. but if that's not good enough you can modify it with a razor and a steady hand. i have had every single type of case out there for my phones, and honestly for the money those epik cases are the best.
    08-09-10 01:25 AM
    Same frustration here. My wife and I both got 9650s and want different color cases so we don't accidentally grab each other's phones. I picked black, and now my wife is annoyed that there's not much out there.
    08-09-10 09:27 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD