08-31-09 10:56 PM
36 12
tools
    The Fuel does not come with instructions, does anybody that has one know what I should do to prep it? Or do i just charge it for a certain amount of hours?
    06-09-09 01:10 AM
    I'd imagine you just charge it for the first time over night, and then that should give it a 100% charge...
    06-09-09 03:01 AM
    Pretty much, and when you need to charge your phone just press the button next to the charging port for 3 seconds and the light will start flashing. Your bold will then start charging when inserted.
    06-09-09 05:21 AM
    Charge until light goes green. It WILL charge the fuel and the Bold together but every time you charge it, it will turn on and stay on. You have to turn it off when you take it off the charger. I leave my fuel turned off until I need it. I don't see the need to keep the Bold "topped" off.
    06-09-09 07:12 AM
    oh ok. thanks.

what color is the light supposed to be when charging the bold? and is it supposed to flash?
    06-09-09 09:34 AM
    oh ok. thanks.

what color is the light supposed to be when charging the bold? and is it supposed to flash?
    Mines is a solid red while charging then goes to solid green when fully charged.
    06-09-09 06:02 PM
    Mine stays solid red while charging too. Never saw any flashing as the the very brief instructions say. It is supposed to go from red to yellow to green but I have never seen the yellow LED.
    06-09-09 10:44 PM
    i don't see the point of getting one of these. they seem a bit pricy. and i still have at least 40-50% of battery left after my day has concluded.
    06-09-09 11:08 PM
    Yeah I was close to getting one of these but not too sure about how well they work. I would rather just stick with a simple extra oem battery.
    06-09-09 11:51 PM
    Mine stays solid red while charging too. Never saw any flashing as the the very brief instructions say. It is supposed to go from red to yellow to green but I have never seen the yellow LED.

No i mean while the Fuel is charging the Bold itself...what color is the light? is it supposed to flash?
    06-10-09 01:19 AM
    can anyone help me out? this issue is becoming annoying...
    06-10-09 09:14 AM
    It says right on the instructions, green, then it will change as the bold charges.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 09:16 AM
    Have you tried going to CaseMates website to see if they have instructions on there?
    06-10-09 09:41 AM
    Have you tried going to CaseMates website to see if they have instructions on there?
    yes i have tried, but found nothing.
    06-10-09 11:11 AM
    It says right on the instructions, green, then it will change as the bold charges.

So it is supposed to be a solid green when charging the Bold? or flashing?
    06-10-09 11:12 AM
    and how long is the first charge for?
    06-10-09 05:35 PM
    If the phone is off the led will flash but if it is on the led will be solid. Hope that helps.

So it is supposed to be a solid green when charging the Bold? or flashing?
    06-10-09 06:28 PM
    try calling/emailing them
    06-10-09 06:34 PM
    I'm so pissed. I had my beautiful bold in a Seido case and holster since purchase. It was in perfect condition, not a scratch on it.

Then I saw the ad for the case-mate fuel and I'm a sucker for good ideas and accessories. My bold does suck down the juice when you have wi-fi, bluetooth, and gps tracking all going throughout the day.

The case-mate works as advertised. It tops off your phone and/or can be manually turned on when you need the extra battery at the end of the day or if you are away from a charger.

The problem is that the clip that holds the top of the phone in the case does a mediocre job in securing the phone tightly in the case. The slightest lift on the tab causes the phone to just drop out of the case.

Today my phone hit the ground, scratched the bezel on the corner and cracked the bezel near the top of my phone!!! My precious phone is now a used and abused phone...not cool. All because I wanted to use the case-mate fuel.

I'm still debating whether to return this to the faithful crackberry.com, but I have no doubts if I don't, my phone is in jeopardy to get damaged again.

Peter
    06-10-09 07:27 PM
    try calling/emailing them
    i did, they said theyd call me back and email me, but they never did. then when i call again, they dont remember me...lol
    06-10-09 07:59 PM
    I am confused. I got my Fuel. I am using it for the first time to charge my bold. It was flashing green, now it's flashing orange. Is this correct?
    06-11-09 03:53 PM
    Yes. It will flash orange as the bold gets chared and the Fuel loses charge. It is normal.

06-11-09 04:19 PM
    Yes. It will flash orange as the bold gets chared and the Fuel loses charge. It is normal.

OK. Then it's working. I peeked and I am almost fully charged. Much better than the heavy duty battery I had...
    06-11-09 04:38 PM
    I'm so pissed. I had my beautiful bold in a Seido case and holster since purchase. It was in perfect condition, not a scratch on it.

Then I saw the ad for the case-mate fuel and I'm a sucker for good ideas and accessories. My bold does suck down the juice when you have wi-fi, bluetooth, and gps tracking all going throughout the day.

The case-mate works as advertised. It tops off your phone and/or can be manually turned on when you need the extra battery at the end of the day or if you are away from a charger.

The problem is that the clip that holds the top of the phone in the case does a mediocre job in securing the phone tightly in the case. The slightest lift on the tab causes the phone to just drop out of the case.

Today my phone hit the ground, scratched the bezel on the corner and cracked the bezel near the top of my phone!!! My precious phone is now a used and abused phone...not cool. All because I wanted to use the case-mate fuel.

I'm still debating whether to return this to the faithful crackberry.com, but I have no doubts if I don't, my phone is in jeopardy to get damaged again.

Peter

Sucks nutz dude. I was going to get one of those super duper extendo batts. I weighed the cost of replacing my BOLD because of no protection for longer batt life, or protection and using 1650mAh and just plugging it up in the car or at work. Chose the latter and am very happy.
    06-11-09 04:54 PM
    oh ok. thanks.

My Fuel came with a little booklet that states

LED indicators
    normal use:
    Green slow blinking 100%
    Green rapid blinking 80%
    orange slow blinking 60%
    orange rapid blinking 40%
    red slow blinking 20%
    red rapid blinking 10%

Battery capacity up to 2300 mA!!!

I love mine as with how much I use my phone for work, it's nearly dead at 4pm so this case gives me more than enough backup without worring about spare batteries.
    06-11-09 07:01 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD