I bought a used iPhone a couple of mos ago that came with a screen protector already on. Its not glossy like most, I can best describe it as being more of a flat or matte finish. It doesn't affect the vividness of the screen at all to me, but it has no orange peel effect and fingerprints are greatly reduced, as well as no glare. I don't know who makes these or even if they are the "frosted" kind. Does anyone know what I'm talking about or if they're available for the 9700? Or who makes them?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 04:05 PM
    i think i have what u are talking about.... follow this link
    Other Blackberry Bold 2 Accessories (9700)
    11-21-09 04:11 PM
    I bought a used iPhone a couple of mos ago that came with a screen protector already on. Its not glossy like most, I can best describe it as being more of a flat or matte finish. It doesn't affect the vividness of the screen at all to me, but it has no orange peel effect and fingerprints are greatly reduced, as well as no glare. I don't know who makes these or even if they are the "frosted" kind. Does anyone know what I'm talking about or if they're available for the 9700? Or who makes them?

Power Support screen protectors are really popular for iPhones, and since they're the featured screen protectors sold @ Apple, they often go hand-in-hand. They come in both Anti-Glare (matte, frosted, helps prevent greasy smudges) and Crystal (super glossy and vivid, fingerprint magnet).

I haven't seen them yet for a BlackBerry, but YMMV if you've got an Xacto knife and some patience (they are also pretty pricey for experimenting). 1 Power Support protector could probably be cut into 2 for the 9700/9630/8900

Clarivue has an anti-glare version of their screen protector but I haven't tried that yet
    11-21-09 05:32 PM
    I had a Boxwave anti-glare on a Treo once. It was pretty good, not sure if they make one for bb.

11-21-09 05:40 PM
    Power Support screen protectors are really popular for iPhones, and since they're the featured screen protectors sold @ Apple, they often go hand-in-hand. They come in both Anti-Glare (matte, frosted, helps prevent greasy smudges) and Crystal (super glossy and vivid, fingerprint magnet).

I haven't seen them yet for a BlackBerry, but YMMV if you've got an Xacto knife and some patience (they are also pretty pricey for experimenting). 1 Power Support protector could probably be cut into 2 for the 9700/9630/8900

Clarivue has an anti-glare version of their screen protector but I haven't tried that yet
    This is it, the Power Support screen protectors. Thank you! I am pretty good with an X-Acto so I am gonna give it a whirl!
    11-21-09 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD