I just ordered thisBlackberry Source.com - Freedom Pro Bluetooth Keyboard

I watched the demos. Looks good for some meetings I have in the near future. Anyone have experience or knowledge on this.
    06-22-10 04:11 PM
    WOW ! ! !

Just got this a few minutes ago. FANTASTIC to say the least. The driver did not change my memory enough to show a difference when I checked before and after. It installed in a second. Paired the keyboard and that's it. If you think you will ever want a keyboard I suggest this one. Complete control of your berry from the keyboard.

This is without a doubt the best accessory I have purchased in a long time, for any gadget!
    06-24-10 05:18 PM
    Can you control the trackball and special buttons too?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 11:43 PM
    Can you control the trackball and special buttons too?

Yes on the trackball/pad. There are multimedia keys and 12 function keys to set up as you like. You could make those match your side keys. There are already keys for one-click email, contacts, calander and so on.
    06-28-10 04:50 PM
    VERY cool! I may have to pick one up. Sounds great for business travel hotel use.

06-29-10 12:08 AM
    I even use it at home. Actually, almost everyday. The phone is on the desk in the cradel. An email comes in, I open the keyboard rather than slide the phone out of the cradel. If you goto the link and watch the videos for demo and setup you see a stand that the phone sits in. It slides out of the keyboard and is stand alone.
    06-29-10 05:29 AM
    Cool - I just watched the video on their homepage, and I think I'm going to order one. One other question - and it isn't a deal breaker. Can the blackberry pair to two bluetooth functions at once? Specifically, I'm wondering, if I'm working with the keyboard and a call comes in, can I answer it on a BT headset?

Thanks!
    06-30-10 05:18 PM
    Cool - I just watched the video on their homepage, and I think I'm going to order one. One other question - and it isn't a deal breaker. Can the blackberry pair to two bluetooth functions at once? Specifically, I'm wondering, if I'm working with the keyboard and a call comes in, can I answer it on a BT headset?

Thanks!
    WOW! I almost answered no. Then I thought I would try it. Much to my surprise my Motorola H700 and the keyboard are both connected. I even called The Shack and asked if they had a 64gig (haha) MicroSD card to make sure. I tried it on my 9700.

Anyway, I wonder how many phones will connect more than one BT item.
    06-30-10 06:03 PM
    Thanks so much for taking the time to test! I ordered mine just now - looking forward to it. Thanks again for a great review,
    Nick

07-01-10 02:02 PM
    Thanks so much for taking the time to test! I ordered mine just now - looking forward to it. Thanks again for a great review,
    Nick

I'm sure you will like it. There is only one question you didn't ask. I can't answer it anyway. That would be, how long do the batteries in the keyboard last? I don't know. I probably have 5 to 7 hours of playing with the keyboard and phone and they are holding up good. My Palm Inferred keyboard had a function key to display the battery level on the Palm screen that was a very nice feature. That's the only slight negative I have for this keyboard, ya don't know when the batteries may puke out.
    07-01-10 04:54 PM
    I bet it'll last a good long time. I have a bluetooth keyboard hooked to my desktop that's paired all day, every day, and that thing is good for months between battery changes.
    07-01-10 07:26 PM
    Kool . . . Good to know.

Thanks
    07-01-10 07:38 PM
    hi can you tell me the unlock code, to be able to open the drivers ? i lost the user guide.
    12-09-10 08:30 AM
    Have had the keyboard now for a few days. Some things take getting used to, but for what it is I like it a lot. It's not a laptop keyboard so if you're looking for something that good you MAY be disappointed, but if looking for something that makes text entry easier, I think its great.

Question: is the "Fn M" key supposed to go to the media folder? It would seem it should given that the "M"key has notes and a film strip in red on it but mine does not. Also the "home" and "end" keys on the side arrows don't seem to do anything. Perhaps I need to set something??

Thanks!

12-25-10 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD