Today I found a case that is very similar to the Case-mate Barely There case. I already bought the Barely There last month and while I like it for the most part there were some annoyances.

First, as many people have mentioned the top piece tends to pop off rather easily. Sometimes in my pocket, I'll find that the top piece has popped off. Secondly, the case has a pretty pointy and high ridge around the phone/menu/back/end call row which makes a little more difficult to push those buttons.

The case I found sort of solves these two nagging issues and I had to immediately buy it. The top is held on very tightly and it takes a lot more effort to pop it off than the Barely There. That is probably due to the deeper hooks on the sides that wrap around the sliding top half of the Torch. The side effect of this is that I noticed that this new case also dulls down the amount of wiggle I am experiencing while the phone is open, as the hooks are tall enough to sort of prop up the slider half and prevent some of the wobble (bonus!).

Around the button row the ridge is also rounded and feels less pointy so I find it is easier to access that row of buttons and the trackpad.

The sides are a little bit more exposed than the Barely There, as you can see in the attached pics, more of the Torch is showing. (I have two Torches right now so I could snap these pics). The camera and flash holes in the back is also one wide hole rather than two little holes as in the Barely There. Since i put my case in my pocket a lot of dust seems to get trapped up in those holes in the Barely There. The Barely There also hooks to the Torch at the top through the speakerphone port. This case has hooks along the side and no hook at the top.

The only side effect I do notice is that there is a bit more friction sliding the Torch open and close. But not enough to be any annoyance. As well, some of the edges are not as smooth as the more polished Barely There.

I found this at Pacific Mall in the Toronto's Scarborough area at one of the Telus stores there. The cost was $10 which compares very favorably to the Barely There at $32 at Best Buy. There was no branding on the packaging, so I have no idea what case this is. It just came in an unmarked cellophane bag. There were several colors. Looks a bit different from the Barely There, Mobi, and Seidio. The surface feels very similar to the Barely There, that soft satin plastic.

In the pics, the left and top Torch is with this new case. The right and bottom Torch is the Barely There.
    Last edited by kplam; 11-24-10 at 08:23 PM.
    11-24-10 08:20 PM
    Man... Ditch that Zagg, or whatever screen protector you have... I did a few days ago after reading enough to feel safe about a Glass screen... OMG the touch sensitivity is so much better now without it....
    11-24-10 09:50 PM
    Man... Ditch that Zagg, or whatever screen protector you have... I did a few days ago after reading enough to feel safe about a Glass screen... OMG the touch sensitivity is so much better now without it....
    Glass screen???
    I'm curious - please share.
    Thx.
    11-26-10 04:19 PM
    Glass screen???
    I'm curious - please share.
    Thx.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/to...-glass-521100/
    11-26-10 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD